Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 2411

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Student

Does it spark joy?

Cheers, merry Christmas.
    Name:  20221224_090725.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  32.6 KB

Office people have established that bourbon is “my drink” (I needed one easy and affordable thing to ask to have stocked in the wet bar for me and I went with Elijah Craig), so bourbon is what I get for our gift exchange. This year the guy who always overspends drew my name, so I now have a nice bottle of Woodford Double Oak to open at some point.

I could work at worse places.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Been wanting to try Breckinridge since moving to Colorado and finally purchased a bottle today. Been sipping my glass (neat) most of the evening. I’m a fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Been wanting to try Breckinridge since moving to Colorado and finally purchased a bottle today. Been sipping my glass (neat) most of the evening. I’m a fan!
    Grabbed some when we were up there this summer. It’s very smooth and sippable. I really like it too, moved right up into my “faves” list.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Sorry, I tried it a couple of years ago and I'm not a fan, but I don't really like any bourbon under 100 proof.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    Office people have established that bourbon is “my drink” (I needed one easy and affordable thing to ask to have stocked in the wet bar for me and I went with Elijah Craig), so bourbon is what I get for our gift exchange. This year the guy who always overspends drew my name, so I now have a nice bottle of Woodford Double Oak to open at some point.

I could work at worse places.

I enjoyed a glasses of Double Oaked last evening.

Merry Christmas.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    I enjoyed a glasses of Double Oaked last evening.

Merry Christmas.
    To you as well!

Oxidization is the enemy, and I don't drink as much as I used to, so I tend to keep only one bottle of the good stuff open at a time. That means Christmas celebrations will still feature a previously uncorked Lagavulin 8 as the whisk(e)y option, but that Woodford may be next...

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    To you as well!

Oxidization is the enemy, and I don't drink as much as I used to, so I tend to keep only one bottle of the good stuff open at a time. That means Christmas celebrations will still feature a previously uncorked Lagavulin 8 as the whisk(e)y option, but that Woodford may be next...
    If I could only drink one whisky the rest of my life it would be Lagavulin.

Talisker would be a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    If I could only drink one whisky the rest of my life it would be Lagavulin.

Talisker would be a close second.

Lagavulin, Talisker, and Laphroiag are my go-to three when I can splurge for scotch. For my price range I usually buy myself the 10yr Laphroiag, but my in-laws have taken note that Lagavulin 8 is my favorite so I’m gifted a bottle every once in a while.

Site Supporter
    I've discovered that the Bulleit Old Fashioned that comes pre-mixed is quite excellent with a couple good bourbon cherries over a single large ice cube. Well done, Bulleit.

User Tag List