Page 235 of 241 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 2406

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    This what you were referencing? If not ever tried these?
    Yes, that are what I was referring to. I've had all three of them and they are solid. I would probably pick up the rye on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Nor I.
    I treated myself to the Old Forester 1910 about a month ago. It was dark and flavorful, similar to the Double Oaked, and about the same price point.

Thanks for the comparison.
    This post is solely for purposes of providing additional data.

Honest.

I had a wee bit of my Woodford tonight for comparison.

Name:  90C48769-64CD-4A2B-8302-B9F42BF23D2D.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  78.2 KB

The doubled oaked is stronger, earthier. More, I dunno, complete? Hard to say. I do prefer it over the Yellowstone, nice as it was.

Some Elijah Craig for ya. Got the barrel proof last week.

Name:  EAB13193-4BB6-4FC3-9AE5-AE17045993E9.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  83.7 KB

Site Supporter
    Just opened the Jim Beam Single Barrel I bought at the distillery. It is the best Jim Beam variety I have tried so far, significantly better than Jim Beam Black which I consider okay for the price.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Some Elijah Craig for ya. Got the barrel proof last week.
    A lot of variability on the EC BP releases.... Good news is that they range from very good to "one of the best bottles I've ever opened".
    Only time I ever saw the 18 in the wild it was priced like a unicorn. I bet it's good stuff.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    @Yung shared a sample of Knob Creek 18. Very excellent.

Here's what I sent him upon tasting....

Poured the knob creek 18. Immediately smelled apricot and hazelnut on the nose. Big hazelnut, very unusual in a good way. Very pleasant. Initially nutty on the palette, transitioned to almonds and brown sugar after sitting for a few minutes. Wife enjoyed it much more than the Stagg Jr...
    I'm only so-so on KC's regular stuff. Plenty enjoyable, but not a favorite. The 18 was way good... and had some very forward nuttiness that I enjoyed and at a level that is unusual to find. Review HERE.

Actually.. Wife tried the Stagg Jr and threatened to call 911 and report me for domestic violence (130+ proof)... Took her a few minutes to recover from the first sip.
    The Stagg was quite hot and spicy until it had a chance to air out for about 15 minutes. Wife was sorta kidding... I think.

Name:  KC18.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  29.1 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I'm clearly the wrong audience for all this talk of leather, apricots, hazelnuts, and toasted whatever.

This, however, I get...

There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    A lot of variability on the EC BP releases.... Good news is that they range from very good to "one of the best bottles I've ever opened".
    Only time I ever saw the 18 in the wild it was priced like a unicorn. I bet it's good stuff.
    Paid ~$136.00 about 3 years ago. It’s delicious.

Student

Well, I guess I wouldn't say no to one...

Sure, why not.
    Name:  20221210_071114.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  19.5 KB

Got a bottle of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof today from a friend on another forum. My first drink in three weeks.

Ah...hits the spot.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List