Page 231 of 241 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 2407

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Say 50 dollars is the limit, what should I get. Celebrating my finger being on the mend after two surgeries in a week
    Woodford Double Oaked (if you can stretch the budget by five bucks or so depending on where you live)
    Early Times Bottled in bond (you can get two liters for your budget)
    Smoke Wagon
    E. H. Taylor Small Batch
    Any of the Wellers (if you can find them. Unobtanium here)
    Clyde May's
    Eagle Rare

Are but a few that I have enjoyed. All on that list except the Weller's and Double Oaked are under your price point where I live. There are plenty of other very good bourbons out there in your range. I'm always hesitant to recommend since taste is very individually subjective. I'll confess to not having the refined palate nor the "note" tasting discernment of many, however, I have not had any over the 50 dollar range that I believed were worth the extra (often exorbitant) price.

Thanks for the list. I just finished the McKenna, the Elijah Craig and Basil Hayden's are running low. I'll be forced to visit the ABC store some time in the next couple of months, I guess.

Is the Evan Williams B-I-B still a good choice? I forget if it's the white or green label. I never cared for the "standard" Evan Williams for some reason.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Thanks for the list. I just finished the McKenna, the Elijah Craig and Basil Hayden's are running low. I'll be forced to visit the ABC store some time in the next couple of months, I guess.

Is the Evan Williams B-I-B still a good choice? I forget if it's the white or green label. I never cared for the "standard" Evan Williams for some reason.
    EW BIB white label is still a good choice but I've been preferring the Ezra Brooks 99 recently. A few bucks more than the EW but still only about $20 for a 750mL.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    EW BIB white label is still a good choice but I've been preferring the Ezra Brooks 99 recently. A few bucks more than the EW but still only about $20 for a 750mL.
    What would it be roughly comparable to...taste-wise?

I've never tried the EW BIB. Haven't been a paricular fan of the standard (my EW days were in the 1983-84 time frame. Didn't care for liquor much back then, mostly readily available beer befitting a young service member).

Site Supporter
    What would it be roughly comparable to...taste-wise?
    For me it compares to the old (Brown Foreman) version of Early Times BiB (the new Sazerac version is not nearly as good, if you can find a corked bottle on the shelf, definitely buy it. The new version is a twist off). More oak and spice than the EW BiB, less caramel and more brown sugar vs EW as well...

Review: https://www.breakingbourbon.com/revi...oks-99-bourbon
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I'm not sure the Early Times BIB has changed YET. I'm sure it will, but Sazerac hasn't owned the label long enough to have made any to fit the four year age requirement. I've had several bottles of both, and can't tell the difference. I REALLY hope they dont screw it up. It's about my favorite. Unfortunately I have to drive almost three hours to SC to get it. Fookin NC ABC....

https://youtu.be/5DYV7qJCdy0
    Last edited by CWM11B; 10-17-2022 at 10:41 AM.

I'm not driving three hours anywhere for any bottle of booze. I'll do without first.

I'm not driving three hours anywhere for any bottle of booze. I'll do without first.
    Should mentioned that's round trip. Not too bad, and I get plenty to last a good long while

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Should mentioned that's round trip. Not too bad, and I get plenty to last a good long while
    I was hoping so on both counts, brother.

User Tag List