Page 228 of 241 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2407

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Site Supporter
    Son went back to school last week... He's 20, so, can't legally purchase, but, I've been helping to educate him some on beer and Bourbon. Finding leftover Bush Light in the fridge all summer got too cringey for me. I'd pick up the occasional mixed 6 from the Kroger and he's appreciating Asian (Singha and Sapporo) and Canadian (Molson Golden) and I've tried my best to upgrade his cheap domestic choice to at least Coors banquet, but, alas, I have a leftover half case of Bush Light in the fridge. I guess I'll be making some beer-can chicken soon.

There's a hole in the wall bottle shop down the road from his place in Tucson that he's been talking about.... says they have a lot of the Bourbon's he sees in the house. He calls me on Saturday excited about this place having 7 version of Smoke Wagon, 1792 Full Proof and 1792 12-year... Their prices are on the scalping side ($100 for Full proof that I pay about $45 for when I can find it here)... but... they do have it on the shelf...

The owner strikes up a conversation with my son after seeing him exploring the good stuff on his shelf... Son was up front about not yet being of age but looking for things for his father... The owner asks him to wait and he'll grab something out of the office for my son to show me.....

Name:  OFC.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  52.8 KB

EH Taylor OFC (Old Fashioned Copper), vintage 1995. Price $5,000/bottle.
    Pictured is the last of the three he was selling.

The OFC distillery is currently Buffalo Trace.
    http://ofcvintages.com/
    http://ofcvintages.com/latest-release.html

I have no idea how this guy got his hands on this stuff, but, I'll definitely be paying him a visit next time I'm in town... Name:  drool5.gif
Views: 311
Size:  2.6 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Student

Jimmy Russell – 68 Years at Wild Turkey

From the blog of David Jennings, aka RareBird101, author of the Wild Turkey fanbook "American Spirit":

On September 10, 1954, Jimmy Russell first punched the clock at the distillery that would become known as Wild Turkey. He hasn’t stopped.

Today marks Jimmy Russell’s 68th year at Wild Turkey. Can you imagine working 68 years at the same job – at the same location? Incredible. Much like the whiskey Jimmy has spent his life producing, it’s all about tradition. While many distillers talk about it, Jimmy lives it. One could successfully argue that, along with Jimmy himself, tradition is the heart of Wild Turkey. But you don’t have to take my word for it. Stop by the visitors center in Lawrenceburg and experience it for yourself. Chances are, Jimmy will be there to greet you.

On this special day I invite you to join me. Raise a glass to Jimmy Russell for 68 years of remarkable service, not only to the brand we know and love, but to Kentucky and the entire bourbon industry. You don’t have to pop the cork on an expensive or rare bottle. Wild Turkey 101 will do just fine. After all, I can’t think of a whiskey that says “Jimmy Russell” better than Wild Turkey 101. And if you post your toast to social media, please tag it with #JimmyRussell. Let’s get it trending and show the world that, thanks to individuals like Jimmy, bourbon is much more than an everyday spirit.

Cheers to Jimmy!
    https://rarebird101.com/2022/09/10/j...t-wild-turkey/

Site Supporter
    I just scored a bottle of Blanton's locally, which I haven't seen in these parts literally for years. Price was high, but oh well -- it will be saved for a special occasion.

Oh, and not bourbon but I bought some Johnny Walker High Rye and it is quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I just scored a bottle of Blanton's locally, which I haven't seen in these parts literally for years. Price was high, but oh well -- it will be saved for a special occasion.

Oh, and not bourbon but I bought some Johnny Walker High Rye and it is quite good.
    Just curious… where in GA did you find it, and about how much did it set you back?
    Full disclosure: I am a freelance professional photographer/cinematographer for the firearms and defense industry, among others.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason F View Post
    Just curious… where in GA did you find it, and about how much did it set you back?
    A pretty good liquor store on Rte 92 between Woodstock and Acworth. About $120.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    A pretty good liquor store on Rte 92 between Woodstock and Acworth. About $120.
    Gotcha. Not really my area, but it's certainly encouraging to hear that you found a bottle. I hope you enjoy it when it's time to celebrate and break it open!
    Full disclosure: I am a freelance professional photographer/cinematographer for the firearms and defense industry, among others.

Name:  BalconesBigBabyTequilaCornWhiskey.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  28.7 KB

A wonderful human being, known to many of you as the Liquor Advisor to the Tactical Elite, presented this to me at the Thunderstick Summit this past weekend. I am looking forward to opening it up and giving it a taste this coming weekend.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post

A wonderful human being, known to many of you as the Liquor Advisor to the Tactical Elite, presented this to me at the Thunderstick Summit this past weekend. I am looking forward to opening it up and giving it a taste this coming weekend.
    The man has a tactical boner for Balcones.
    I find them hit and miss... Looking forward to your review... Color looks promising for straight corn.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I received this bottle yesterday from my wife as a birthday gift.

"I called your best friend to ask him what to buy you - I hear you guys talking about different names and things, and my mind was blank. He never returned my call or my text. So I grabbed this one. Hours later he finally texted me back to ask what I bought you and I showed him and he said I'd chosen well."

Yep, blind luck and she chooses McKenna 10.

Name:  IMG_4645.jpeg
Views: 165
Size:  10.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Name:  BalconesBigBabyTequilaCornWhiskey.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  28.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    The man has a tactical boner for Balcones.
    I find them hit and miss... Looking forward to your review... Color looks promising for straight corn.
    I have tasted that.
    For me, it was MEH.
    Tasted like corn... Really like corn.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

User Tag List