Page 227 of 241 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 2406

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Name:  C27A2E74-BBDA-490C-9171-D9E488401990.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  30.5 KB

Mnt. Taygetus taken after sunset from my patio 10 miles South of Sparta. Left hand glass of JW Black Label on the rocks; right hand JC Newman A Fuente.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Picked this up on the way home.

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Picked this up on the way home.

Easily one of my favorites, and I'm out of it, and you're not helping my wallet. 😁

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Texas is its own brand of strange when it comes to alcohol laws.
    The Costco liquor store is a separate entity, is not allowed to require membership and takes all credit cards (Costco only Visa these days).
    Worst part.... Costco is not able to sell their Kirkland branded alcohol because they source it directly from the distillers and don't use the required distribution system in TX that limits who can bring alcohol into the state to licensed distributors. Literally an old boys network.

And I still don't understand why a liquor store is prohibited by law from operating on Sunday.... I know the old reasons why, but, WHY?
    We need a “dislike” button for this….
    Liquor laws are crazy. I remember my dad driving up to my Uncle’s farm after work (I was already there) and telling the story that he decided to stop for a single drink on the way (“drink” meant “shot of bourbon” in our family). And the county he stopped in wouldn’t let him buy a single shot (it might have been a Sunday, he worked a complicated shift schedule) but they were fine with the bar selling him a whole bottle!

Some of my *harder to find locally* bottles. All but 1 (the Weller 107) I bought within the local NC ABC system.

Name:  7EA1CCC6-766C-4CF4-A572-86FDF76301F6.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  59.9 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Some of my *harder to find locally* bottles. All but 1 (the Weller 107) I bought within the local NC ABC system.

Name:  7EA1CCC6-766C-4CF4-A572-86FDF76301F6.jpg
Size:  59.9 KB
    Never seen or heard of New Riff.... Thoughts?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Never seen or heard of New Riff.... Thoughts?
    Everyone that has tried it likes it. I haven’t opened it yet so I don’t have a good answer.

That bottle was a barrel pick that was done by the local “bourbon society”. New Riff is not yet available in NC yet but they got it here somehow. 🤷🏼*♂️

Site Supporter
    Went into our local Spec's yesterday and they had some Eagle Rare. My poor BiL hasn't seen anything BT/Weller locally so I picked up a bottle of Eagle to go with the Weller green label handle I'm sending him. On the way back from delivering the gifts I figured I'd stop by the same store and see if, maybe, they had another Eagle. No dice...

But.... They were just putting out a case of......

Name:  W12.jpg
Size:  66.4 KB

Out the door for just over $35 American.

Called Bourbon Buddy and told him to hustle. 10 minutes later when he got there they were gone. He said he saw 6 people shopping around the store with bottles in their hands.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Went into our local Spec's yesterday and they had some Eagle Rare. My poor BiL hasn't seen anything BT/Weller locally so I picked up a bottle of Eagle to go with the Weller green label handle I'm sending him. On the way back from delivering the gifts I figured I'd stop by the same store and see if, maybe, they had another Eagle. No dice...

But.... They were just putting out a case of......

Name:  W12.jpg
Size:  66.4 KB

Out the door for just over $35 American.

Called Bourbon Buddy and told him to hustle. 10 minutes later when he got there they were gone. He said he saw 6 people shopping around the store with bottles in their hands.
    Nice find!
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Tag List