Page 219 of 241 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 2406

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Picked this up yesterday at a local ABC store. Super rare in this area.

Attachment 79940
    Good score! I havent seen that at my spot for that in two years. GOD how I loathe our ABC commision. Where did it show up?

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Good score! I havent seen that at my spot for that in two years. GOD how I loathe our ABC commision. Where did it show up?
    I made a stop in Smithfield while I was there yesterday…. Got lucky.

Thats a good find, especially on a Saturday.

Every so often, the Pa State Liquor system has a limited release lottery where they offer up "the good stuff" and couldn't help but notice this offering:
    Eagle Rare Double Eagle Very Rare Straight Bourbon 90 Proof
    Name:  doubleeagle.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  33.0 KB
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Every so often, the Pa State Liquor system has a limited release lottery where they offer up "the good stuff" and couldn't help but notice this offering:
    Eagle Rare Double Eagle Very Rare Straight Bourbon 90 Proof
    Name:  doubleeagle.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  33.0 KB
    At least it's not "The Chairman's selection"! Proper name for that organization!

I'd just rather drive to Jersey!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    I'd just rather drive to Jersey!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    I have heard of guys driving to NJ for Hot Dogs and White Castle, but booze was usually Delaware. Something about the tax, IIRC?

For two grand, that stuff should be hand delivered and poured by a scantily clad server of the purchaser's preference.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter
    Walked into one of my less favored stores yesterday. Every now and then they have something interesting that they're not trying to scalp on. Notably 1792 Full Proof, semi-regularly, for a reasonable price. Yesterday they had some Early Times BiB, on the shelf, not in the allocation display case . I asked if there was a limit. Now it is mine.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Hammertime
    So I have been experimenting. I got some tasting glasses and some Varieties.

Libbey Signature Kentucky Bourbon... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHKXNVY...p_mob_ap_share

Name:  3791DE0F-2E6A-4361-9F79-84AEAEF73277.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  72.6 KB

Thus far the winner is:

Name:  58392244-2515-4B35-AA0C-72F4009FCAC9.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  45.8 KB

with the Knob being close behind, the very expensive Bulleit being just okay and the Wild Turkey 101 being interesting primarily due to its intense spicy peppery after taste. Not what I always want, but sometimes.

Doing some research:

EC is owned by Heaven Hill, a family owned American company.

Knob Creek is owned by Beam which is itself owned by a Japanese conglomerate.

Bulleit is owned by Diageo, a giant international conglomerate based in England.

Wild Turkey is owned by Campari, an Italian company.

For me, with a drink as American as Bourbon, I will send my future dollars to Elijah Craig/Heaven Hill. Doesn’t hurt that it is extremely tasty.

Heaven Hill has several worthy Bourbons in its lineup.

Elijah Craig is a staple in our small liquor cabinet.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    So I have been experimenting. I got some tasting glasses and some Varieties.

Libbey Signature Kentucky Bourbon... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHKXNVY...p_mob_ap_share

Name:  3791DE0F-2E6A-4361-9F79-84AEAEF73277.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  72.6 KB

Thus far the winner is:

Name:  58392244-2515-4B35-AA0C-72F4009FCAC9.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  45.8 KB

with the Knob being close behind, the very expensive Bulleit being just okay and the Wild Turkey 101 being interesting primarily due to its intense spicy peppery after taste. Not what I always want, but sometimes.

Doing some research:

EC is owned by Heaven Hill, a family owned American company.

Knob Creek is owned by Beam which is itself owned by a Japanese conglomerate.

Bulleit is owned by Diageo, a giant international conglomerate based in England.

Wild Turkey is owned by Campari, an Italian company.

For me, with a drink as American as Bourbon, I will send my future dollars to Elijah Craig/Heaven Hill. Doesn’t hurt that it is extremely tasty.
    I hadn’t dug into ownership. EC is a favorite of mine too. So is Four Roses small batch.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List