Page 218 of 242 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 2411

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    I got my first bottle of Evan BiB, based on some superlative comments I read on the Internet, thinking that it would be a Great Bourbon. It is not a Great Bourbon.

It's a Very Good Bourbon at a very competitive price. It's sippable neat, but not my first choice. I think it really shines in a booze-forward cocktail like a Boulevardier or Mint Julep. Plus it's cheap enough that I'm OK if somebody wants a whiskey & coke. So I'd say that it's great to have around, but not something I'd feel any particular urgency about trying out if you've never had it.

It doesn't help that I live in a state with minimum shelf prices for liquor, which hurts the value proposition a lot. It's $20 for a 750ml bottle minimum. IIRC, when I lived elsewhere, it was closer to $12.
    Thought of this post and made a Boulevardier w/ Evan Bonded, since it has been a while.

It was great. I’d 100% recommend it, though you may have to acquire a taste for Campari first. The bourbon sweetness does temper the Campari bitterness quite a bit, so it’ll be easier to drink than a Negroni.

For my Nc folks… keep a look out. Eagle Rare is popping up around here which means BT and other hard to find Bourbons will be hitting.

In reference to BT, i bought a bottle in GA last July…still on my shelf 1/2 empty. Just not as good as others…especially Smoke Wagon SmB. If you can find it…get it. Thank me later.

Name:  4D5C30CB-27E9-48B0-A07B-2FE9641079AD.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  62.9 KB

I'm more of a beer drinker. Hate to drink stuff that's painful.

But my cousin recently had me try this:

Name:  20211113_193950.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  39.2 KB

and I really liked it.

Good stuff

Especially when you don't pay for it
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Picked this up yesterday at a local ABC store. Super rare in this area.

Name:  AB6C4F10-7908-4BBF-B753-3B86380AC1E5.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  47.0 KB

Colonel?

Is it finger lickin' good?

There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Colonel?

Is it finger lickin' good?

Lol! Dunno, i don’t like the SmB so I will see how this SiB is this week.

Thought of this post and made a Boulevardier w/ Evan Bonded, since it has been a while.

It was great. I’d 100% recommend it, though you may have to acquire a taste for Campari first. The bourbon sweetness does temper the Campari bitterness quite a bit, so it’ll be easier to drink than a Negroni.
    Have you tried a Boulevardier with rye and using Aperol in place of the Campari?

Sooooo good.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Have you tried a Boulevardier with rye and using Aperol in place of the Campari?

Sooooo good.

I've tried bourbon with Aperol (not my jam) and rye with Campari (OK but not as good as EW), but not both substitutions at once.

The rye was Wild Turkey rye though. I have a bottle of Old Forester rye that I've found I like better in cocktails generally. I may try an OF Boulevardier today. But I don't want to derail this thread too much; we may need a "pretentious old time cocktails for Prohibition socialite cosplay" thread.

To bring this back on topic for this thread, I swung by a new liquor store and found a bottle of Early Times Bonded! My favorite value whiskey, bar none.

…we may need a "pretentious old time cocktails for Prohibition socialite cosplay" thread...

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List