Page 217 of 241 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 2410

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    I can never find any of the stuff you guys recommend in this thread, but you can't walk into a liquor store around here without tripping over a pile of Buffalo Trace. Didn't realize it was at all hard to find.
    Not just BT (which I don't care for at all) but ALL their offerings here in NC: the E.H Taylor's, Weller's, Blanton's, all are but near impossible to find

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Not just BT (which I don't care for at all) but ALL their offerings here in NC: the E.H Taylor's, Weller's, Blanton's, all are but near impossible to find
    All of the others you mentioned are not on the shelf here either, just the regular BT.

There isn't a drop of Eagle Rare to be found by my location.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    I can never find any of the stuff you guys recommend in this thread, but you can't walk into a liquor store around here without tripping over a pile of Buffalo Trace. Didn't realize it was at all hard to find (unless you guys are talking about the non-standard Buffalo trace).

Also going to buck the trend a bit - I had a pour of Buffalo Trace last night and liked it quite a bit.
    I still enjoy Buffalo Trace as well when I can find it. I have a feeling some people have just had it a bit too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I still enjoy Buffalo Trace as well when I can find it. I have a feeling some people have just had it a bit too often.
    Not me. I've only ever had one bottle at home...and had it elsewhere on a handful of occasions. Just prefer a different flavor profile, I guess.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Not me. I've only ever had one bottle at home...and had it elsewhere on a handful of occasions. Just prefer a different flavor profile, I guess.
    Yeah that's one thing about bourbon -- there is enough variety in actual taste that it's enjoyable to seek out the ones you really prefer. I have a small few that are my mainstays but I still enjoy trying the ones I haven't tasted yet. I tend to like pretty much all the bourbons from that distillery, but I also appreciate other brands.

Heck I tried Jack Daniels Single Barrel Select last year, and I like it so much it has become one of my go-to whiskeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I'm with @blues. Only had it once. Had one bottle in the house. Other folks finished it after my single pour. Haven't bought another, and won't for myself. Have friends who like it. I'll pass.

@CSW, funny how things seem to be regional. Eagle Rare is the one BT offering I dont have a hard time finding. Just bought a bottle two days ago for a friend. I like it well enough, I think my buddy would brush his teeth with it if he could 🤣

Interesting reading this. Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, and Col Taylor are impossible to find here. Used to be common as dirt.

Funny thing is I like them all. I prefer rye for bourbon, peat for whiskey and earthy smokiness for tequila/Mezcal but any well made whiskey, scotch, bourbon or tequila I'm a fan. Even some rums. Of course there's real legit crap out there. Low quality liquor made to a specific price point, as mixers and for those looking to just get hammered. Outside of that I don't have a dislike for any one particular brand or flavor. To me it's kinda like eating steak vs crab legs vs salmon vs pork ribs vs wings. They're all different and while I have a preference I still like them all.

What I like to do is look for obscure brands. Try to stay away from big corporate names when I can. Small distilleries or even those who buy the basic liquor and age it themselves. It's not easy in my state, which doesn't allow internet purchases or private stores but when I can I try to get something different.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 4RNR; 10-30-2021 at 11:25 AM.

A few I picked up recently.

Not bourbon but still....

On occasion if I pour, I have become fond of the flavor of the Wild turkey offering, "Longbranch".

February 2021 I pretty much gave up drinking to keep my type 2 in check... But on occasion, I like the flavor of the Longbranch. (or as the Mrs called it, Longmire.)
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

User Tag List