Page 190 of 241 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2406

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Here are my thoughts on Baby Blue. I am by no means a con-o-sewer, but I have found a few that I truly enjoy.
    I used a rocks glass, and only two cubes. Covered the ice and let it stand for a minute or two.
    The nose was warm vanilla and butter with a hint of spice. It had nice 'legs' and clung to the glass fairly well.

The initial taste was very inviting, caramel corn, fruit and a hint of cinnamon. The flavors stayed well on the tongue, almost oily, but not? Not as ethanol as I thought it would be.

The finish for me was spice and sweet sugar, but faded to nothing very quickly.

Overall, a 'sweeter' whiskey than I am usually drawn to, but very nice as an alternative. Very nice indeed. MM can have a sweeter feel to it as well.

The kicker was it cost just 33.00 bucks. Not too shabby, I'd buy it again.

Others I have in the cabinet:

Jailers Tennessee Whiskey[extinct now, but wonderful flavors]
    EW BIB
    Buffalo Trace.
    Longbranch from Wild Turkey
    High West Whiskey's American Prairie
    Rough Rider, a high rye bourbon
    Rebel Yell single barrel
    And now the Baby Blue.
    I’m really partial to high-rye bourbons. How do you like the Rough Rider?

Anybody have any thoughts on the Old Elk products out of Colorado (and point east, for the time being)?

Student
    Got that Smooth Ambler in the mail today along with a few samples.

Tonight I tried a 1.5 oz sample of Kentucky Owl bourbon, Batch 10 (120.2 proof) . It smells very close to syrup and has a few notes not unlike a pancake as Matt Porter described it, though I couldn't find the blueberry in it that he did. I would pay the 300+ for a whole bottle, but unfortunately the only ones I can locate online are all in New York and they won't ship to me in Arizona I don't think.

Following it up with a sample of Stagg Jr. batch 12. I still think 14 is the best one since I think it has more cherry, but I can see why people think 15 beats 12.

There is a remaining sample labeled 'Pandemic Special, 114 Proof'. I wonder if there's any Old-Grand Dad in it. I'll save it for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I’m really partial to high-rye bourbons. How do you like the Rough Rider?
    It is actually very tasty, with a great finish.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Got that Smooth Ambler in the mail today along with a few samples.

Tonight I tried a 1.5 oz sample of Kentucky Owl bourbon, Batch 10 (120.2 proof) . It smells very close to syrup and has a few notes not unlike a pancake as Matt Porter described it, though I couldn't find the blueberry in it that he did. I would pay the 300+ for a whole bottle, but unfortunately the only ones I can locate online are all in New York and they won't ship to me in Arizona I don't think.

Following it up with a sample of Stagg Jr. batch 12. I still think 14 is the best one since I think it has more cherry, but I can see why people think 15 beats 12.

There is a remaining sample labeled 'Pandemic Special, 114 Proof'. I wonder if there's any Old-Grand Dad in it. I'll save it for the weekend.
    Kentucky Owl is generally available here. Not sure which versions or batches. I see 2 different labels at the places I shop. One is priced around $125 and the other around twice that, IIRC. I'll take closer note on my next visit. We're planning a visit to see our son in Tucson in March. Could arrange delivery if you're along the way.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Nice bottle

Well worth the $60 I paid for it.
    Name:  IMG-9817.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  48.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Simong View Post
    Well worth the $60 I paid for it.
    Name:  IMG-9817.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  48.8 KB
    I have yet to try any of the Old Forester selections yet. I have almost quit trying new stuff because I'm trying to use up what I already have. I think I bought one bottle of whiskey last year.

Seen tonight at the Atlanta Airport Duty Free, F Concourse. I had to take a picture and post it here. My local VABC might see this much Blanton’s in 6 months!

Name:  CAE4CAAD-875A-4509-9C72-578BE00B92AB.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  95.9 KB
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Seen tonight at the Atlanta Airport Duty Free, F Concourse. I had to take a picture and post it here. My local VABC might see this much Blanton’s in 6 months!

Dang!! I was just there a few days ago and could have snagged some if I’d had known
    Full disclosure: I am a freelance professional photographer/cinematographer for the firearms and defense industry, among others.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

And yet the package stores in my area can't get a single bottle.

User Tag List