Page 180 of 242 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 2411

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    @RoyGBiv

I have not tried Larceny, but I saw it on the shelf yesterday while perusing. The $24 price tag on the Bernheim made it an easy choice for something new to try. (I don't remember what the Larceny was going for. I saw Russell and Bulleit bourbons too, but couldn't remember offhand which was worthwhile.)

I almost grabbed a bottle of the white label Evan Williams Bottled-In-Bond but wasn't certain if that was the one guys here liked since there was a small batch as well. (I have never been an EW fan in years past, but it's been a long time. I like all the other Heaven Hill offerings I have on hand...Elijah Craig, Henry McKenna B-I-B and J.T.S. Brown)

But I have enough bourbon to hold me for a while and figured to try something I hadn't had previously.
    If you can find Early Times BIB, I've been enjoying that one recently as well as the EW.

Sounds like you're well stocked for winter.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    If you can find Early Times BIB, I've been enjoying that one recently as well as the EW.

Sounds like you're well stocked for winter.

"What have you got in your cabinet?"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Too bad everyone has realized BIB generally means "underpriced." 😔

I really hope EW BIB remains at its low, low price point and doesn't dissappear so it can be reborn as a slightly older and more expensive product like its sibling, the Heaven Hill 6 year BIB. Hopefully, the sheer amount of this stuff sold will inhibit that. It seems to take up as much space on the shelf as the standard EW in every NC liquor store I have been in.
    Given the fuckery in the bourbon market, it's sure to happen sooner or later.
    Which is why my last two trips to the bourbon gettin' place included a case of EW BIB.

Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    Given the fuckery in the bourbon market, it's sure to happen sooner or later.
    Which is why my last two trips to the bourbon gettin' place included a case of EW BIB.
    I saw most of the Heaven Hill offerings yesterday. McKenna was gone. A couple others as well...one or another of the Elijah Craig.

Next time I'll pick up and try that EW BIB white label. I remember not liking the lower end EW years ago. Something about it just didn't agree with my palate.

Site Supporter
    I saw most of the Heaven Hill offerings yesterday. McKenna was gone. A couple others as well...one or another of the Elijah Craig.

Next time I'll pick up and try that EW BIB white label. I remember not liking the lower end EW years ago. Something about it just didn't agree with my palate.
    The HH Bottled in Bond is almost as good as the McKenna, IMO.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    In my opinion/experience, the Evan Williams Bottled-In-Bond (white label) is fantastic - it's a bargain-sleeper.

Very Old Barton (100 proof) is another fantastic bottle and also a bargain-sleeper.
    FYI - the VOB/100 used to be a BIB - that label disappeared in the not too distant past.
    Evan Williams BIB is $14.00 here, and an excellent "sleeper" that few know about in these parts.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Evan Williams BIB is $14.00 here, and an excellent "sleeper" that few know about in these parts.
    $16.95 here.

$16.95 here.
    And thanks, originally, for the heads up on that one.....

One of "Blue's clues"!

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    And thanks, originally, for the heads up on that one.....

One of "Blue's clues"!
    Payin' my dues.

(But I don't think it could have been me to give you a heads up on it.)

Hmmmmmm....

It might have been RoyGBiv.

User Tag List