Page 168 of 241 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2406

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    1792 Full Proof. Check
    McKenna 10yr. Check
    Stagg Jr. Check

Blanton's? Nada. Niente. Rien. Zippo.
    The VERY cute woman behind the counter at Fearrrington did express some empathy.
    If you only knew how many clerks have told me that since Aprilish... Blantons is unobtanioum around here...and I’ve been extremely lucky and have put in a lot of miles to find mine. Thinking back on it...it sounds kinda crazy that I’ve driven as far as I have to buy a bottle.

You got extremely lucky finding that Stagg, JR. Keep your eyes peeled for them to release batch 15 Marchish 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    If you only knew how many clerks have told me that since Aprilish... Blantons is unobtanioum around here...

Yup. I got an email yesterday from a nearish by county ABC bourbon list. You sign up for Blantons and if your name is picked, they hold you a bottle for ten days. The email stated Blanton's came in roughly every two weeks. The shenanigans that go on in these parts over it are juvenile. I would love to see our ABC go private. In the current form, it is, at best, 75 years behind the times.

Fortunately, thanks to you, I've discovered the JTS Brown BIB. To my pedestrian taste, it is a better bottle than the one with the little horsey on top. And I can buy five bottles of it for the price of one Blanton's

You two...you just don't know when to quit, do ya?

I have a neighbor down at Lake Hartwell for a couple days. I suggested to him that should he have occasion to visit a liquor establishment while down there, he might look to pick up a bottle for each of us. Don't know what that probability is.

On the bright side, it looks like my NC DOJ LEOSA / HR218 card is being delivered today after three weeks. So I won't have that as an excuse for drinking anymore.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

The big brown truck is your friend. Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    The big brown truck is your friend. Just sayin'
    Well, that is an excuse for drinking!

(I will owe you more than one, brother.)

Yup. I got an email yesterday from a nearish by county ABC bourbon list. You sign up for Blantons and if your name is picked, they hold you a bottle for ten days. The email stated Blanton's came in roughly every two weeks. The shenanigans that go on in these parts over it are juvenile. I would love to see our ABC go private. In the current form, it is, at best, 75 years behind the times.

Fortunately, thanks to you, I've discovered the JTS Brown BIB. To my pedestrian taste, it is a better bottle than the one with the little horsey on top. And I can buy five bottles of it for the price of one Blanton's
    Yea, JTS Brown is pretty damn good.

Otherwise, I’d like to see the ABC system stay like it is. I realize that it can be a real PITA to locate hard-to-find bourbons...but it’s like that in privatized systems as well. While in GA I asked several store clerks about Blantons...they said the same thing...hard to get and find. And for even harder to find liquor it’s more pricey. I’d rather hunt for it and pay regular retail than an inflated price. The bottle of Blantons I did find was $170. That’s just too damn pricey for a $65 bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Yea, JTS Brown is pretty damn good.

Otherwise, I’d like to see the ABC system stay like it is. I realize that it can be a real PITA to locate hard-to-find bourbons...but it’s like that in privatized systems as well. While in GA I asked several store clerks about Blantons...they said the same thing...hard to get and find. And for even harder to find liquor it’s more pricey. I’d rather hunt for it and pay regular retail than an inflated price. The bottle of Blantons I did find was $170. That’s just too damn pricey for a $65 bottle.
    That's friggin' ridiculous. I wouldn't pay that for a fine single malt.

I'm a member of a site called flaviar.com. the "vault" opened today for 24 hours. There are four figure bottles of bourbon on there. Sorry, no booze is worth that much to me

I'm a member of a site called flaviar.com. the "vault" opened today for 24 hours. There are four figure bottles of bourbon on there. Sorry, no booze is worth that much to me
    Unless it comes with a room in Vegas for a couple of weeks, a showgirl, a few thou in chips and what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

(No, my wife is not reading this thread. )

Site Supporter
    I left what remained of my fifth of JTS at my BIL in VA, along with a gifted 1792 Full Proof. On the way to visit I stopped in South Hill VA to check out what was on the shelves and they were selling a handle of JTS for around $18.50. I had paid about $13 for the fifth in NC, so, pretty good price, I thought. I should have bought it. Went to the local NC ABC yesterday and they only had fifths, for $16.

They did still have McKenna 10, so, it wasn't a total loss.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List