Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2411

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    And........? Drumroll...
    Very nice. 1 cube opens it up nicely.
    I'd do it again.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Even at the low end, Heaven Hill makes some good stuff.
    I'm pretty sure that the gallons of Evan Williams black label I drank in grad school have conditioned me to like anything Heaven Hill makes.

Whiskey-wise, anyhow. Can't say I much care for Deep Eddy vodka.

Two days til retirement and my wife springs some Kentucky Owl Confiscated on me for my retirement gift (she already bought me a G48). This bourbon is also hard to come by in my area...~$130/bottle.

Name:  1D3D89B1-7221-4547-B39D-93B166C30334.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  36.7 KB

You shoulda had some Early Times.

Congrats, @KeeFus.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Two days til retirement and my wife springs some Kentucky Owl Confiscated on me for my retirement gift (she already bought me a G48). This bourbon is also hard to come by in my area...~$130/bottle.

Name:  1D3D89B1-7221-4547-B39D-93B166C30334.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  36.7 KB
    Would appreciate your thoughts on it when you try it. If you like that Blanton's in the background, maybe a bit of comparison?
    I see KO here occasionally but it's too spendy for me to buy a bottle on a maybe. Would like to find some in a restaurant and try a snoot.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Was at the local store and picked up another bottle of EW BIB (that one has become one of my go to bourbons, thanks to whoever suggested that many pages ago) and was looking through the offerings to see if there was anything interesting.

The employee working recommended this one, local-ish brand. It’s packed up pending a move but I’m curious to see how it works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Sampled a glass of 10th Mountain bourbon at their (one of their?) distilleries the other day. It was really good. 92 proof, very smooth neat. At $58 it’s a little over my budget. Highly recommended if you get a chance to try it.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I've had a few glasses of Weller 12, evidently it's known as "poor man's Pappy".....it's really good. $25 a shot at my local bar.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Not a bourbon, but nice and smokey:

New to Mezcals outside of what I've had at bars. This one isn't bad, but I think I want something a little smoother for next bottle.

User Tag List