Page 151 of 241 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2407

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Pappy Van Winkle

Quote Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
    Pappy Van Winkle
    Did you even read the OP? Further more if you have a bottle I’ll definitely give you $35-$40 for it.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Since this thread it 6 years old and the price of Bourbon gone up quite a bit maybe we should consider moving up the price point some. Not Pappy territory but maybe $50 to $60 range.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

A Wee Dram can be had for $40.00.

Site Supporter
    Found another Very Old Barton 100 Proof. For $29/handle (at Goody Goody), it's quite good. And I don't mind mixing with it at that price.
    It's easy to recognize on the bottom shelf (usually) by the white band at the bottom of the label.

Name:  very-old-barton-_6-years-old_-01.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  18.1 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

In the price range of the original post, I do like Elijah Craig Small Batch. Basil Hayden too. And maybe some Evan Williams. We have a warehouse liquor store out here that markets their own wines and as lost leaders have heavily discounted spirits. I buy Lagavulan 16 for $62.00 a bottle. (Yes Scotch)

Bob

After all the props from you educated fellows, tonight I will be trying Eagle Rare for the first time.
    I hope I pass the audition.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Not quite bourbon, but I managed to score some Mellow Corn at the fancy grocery store down the street.

It's like drinking a marshmallow. I give it 8/10.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    Not quite bourbon, but I managed to score some Mellow Corn at the fancy grocery store down the street.

It's like drinking a marshmallow. I give it 8/10.
    Even at the low end, Heaven Hill makes some good stuff.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    After all the props from you educated fellows, tonight I will be trying Eagle Rare for the first time.
    I hope I pass the audition.
    And........? Drumroll...

User Tag List