Page 144 of 241 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 2406

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

CWM11B
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Shit evaporates like crazy. Gonna have to send a letter to Heaven Hill and ask who's in charge up there...
    How much you need/want. I know where there is a pretty good stock of it

Site Supporter
    Finally found a bottle of Early Times Bottled in Bond. I think somebody posted about it here a while back?

It's really good!

Paid $22/Liter (not 750mL). Has a lot of the caramel thing going for it. More viscosity than the Evan Williams, which is a good thing, but the flavor is sort of like blending 2/3 EW BiB with 1/3 Weller Special Reserve. If you like those two, definitely give the ET BiB a try. I found it at Spec's. Wasn't even looking for it. Was talking with the employee about cask strength stuff and he said "You should try this Early Times. It's cheap, but it's really good."

Last edited by RoyGBiv; 10-10-2019 at 05:27 PM. Reason: fix image link
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Bourbon-Buddy brought this over a few weeks ago. Was excellent.

Name:  Ezra.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  53.5 KB

Last week I hit the jackpot at my local enabler on a random Tuesday. Manager let me shop the back room and I left with McKenna 10, Eagle Rare and EH Taylor. I was feeling giddy about that haul so I went to Costco and picked up some beef ribs, that I smoked on Friday. Wife and Bourbon-Buddy were similarly pleased. It's hard to tell from the photo, but those ribs were about 2.5" thick when they were finished. The meat was similar to the tender edge of a ribeye.

Name:  Ribs 1.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  79.3 KB Name:  Ribs 2.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  36.8 KB
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 10-29-2019 at 08:37 AM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Bourbon-Buddy brought this over a few weeks ago. Was excellent.

(gorgeous pics of tasty bourbon)

Last week I hit the jackpot at my local enabler on a random Tuesday. Manager let me shop the back room and I left with McKenna 10, Eagle Rare and EH Taylor. I was feeling giddy about that haul so I went to Costco and picked up some beef ribs, that I smoked on Friday. Wife and Bourbon-Buddy were similarly pleased. It's hard to tell from the photo, but those ribs were about 2.5" thick when they were finished. The meat was similar to the tender edge of a ribeye.
    (gorgeous pics of delicious ribs)
    I'd post a slowclap.gif reaction imagine, but I can't from my current machine.

You have my respect for your good taste, and my envy for your opportunity to enjoy it with good company!

Caribou Crossing, yes it's Canadian and yes it looks like Blanton's and Rock Hill Farms had a child.

Locally $32 and way way undervalued.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

CWM11B
    I'm going to second the Early Times BIB. To my pedestrian taste, it is very good and well under 30 bucks here. Much better than some I've had at almost four times the price. I hesitate to commend it, as once a damn fine bargain sipper gets popular the prices go through the roof, and availability ceases. Looking at you Weller...

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    I'm going to second the Early Times BIB. To my pedestrian taste, it is very good and well under 30 bucks here. Much better than some I've had at almost four times the price. I hesitate to commend it, as once a damn fine bargain sipper gets popular the prices go through the roof, and availability ceases. Looking at you Weller...
    I like McKenna B.I.B. when it's available, (about $38 the last time I bought it). Otherwise I'm just fine with Elijah Craig Small Batch (since the 12 year old is no more). Gonna have to try some I haven't sampled next time I make a run to the ABC store.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Enjoying a bottle of Cream of Kentucky tonight with my son, his partner and son-in-law.

Life is good.

Site Supporter
    This is a very smooth and delicious swill. It's oaky and finishes caramel/molasses/vanilla.

Name:  IMAG0960_r.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  43.6 KB
    Last edited by mark7; 11-30-2019 at 12:15 AM.
    "There are two ways to do most anything- right and again."

User Tag List