Page 142 of 241 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 2406

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    After further checking.... this is correct. It's the Weller and Van Winkle stuff that's wheated, not the namesake.

Finished the BT the other day and haven't seen any on the shelf since I snagged the last bottle at the Costco liquor store opening a few weeks ago. I quit trying to search for hard to finds and made up my mind to let them come find me.... Bourbon Karma... Visited my local purveyor and asked if they had anything interesting "in the back". He was nice enough to find me a bottle of Elijah Craig small batch barrel proof (131.4!!). Pressing my luck, I asked if he had seen any Buffalo trace recently, and he replied "did you want the 750 or the 1.75?

Karma.

I need to focus on Weller 12 now...

Attachment 41652
    That EC is hot! I also found it a little oaky and really opens up with an ice cube. If you can find the B519(recent release) it's lower proof and a decent sipper.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    That EC is hot! I also found it a little oaky and really opens up with an ice cube. If you can find the B519(recent release) it's lower proof and a decent sipper.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    It's VERY good, but does want an ice cube, indeed.

Thanks for the barrel tip. It's rare to find any at all. Even when it's available, it's sequestered in a back room or someplace where it's not possible to pick your bottle. I'm happy to have this one!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    So what's with the shortage of Buffalo Trace and Weller of late?

I hate to admit this, but this weekend I broke down and bought a bottle of Georgia-made bourbon. I went to find some BT but there was none to be found locally. There is a bourbon called Fiddler made by ASW Distillery in Atlanta. I've tried it a few times and I know it's pretty good. But still, to me bourbon = Kentucky.

Ah well, I'll enjoy it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    So what's with the shortage of Buffalo Trace and Weller of late?

I hate to admit this, but this weekend I broke down and bought a bottle of Georgia-made bourbon. I went to find some BT but there was none to be found locally. There is a bourbon called Fiddler made by ASW Distillery in Atlanta. I've tried it a few times and I know it's pretty good. But still, to me bourbon = Kentucky.

Ah well, I'll enjoy it anyway.
    Buffalo Trace is in the middle of a shutdown for a renovation, I’m not sure if that is related to any shortage. I was there Monday and they had plenty of BT on the shelves and a few Blantons.

I may also be weird but I preferred the base BT to Eagle Rare. I prefer a hotter whiskey and the ER was a little too mellow. I was also super impressed with the basic Four Roses for $20, it will probably become a go to cheap whiskey once I need a restocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    I may also be weird but I preferred the base BT to Eagle Rare. I prefer a hotter whiskey and the ER was a little too mellow. I was also super impressed with the basic Four Roses for $20, it will probably become a go to cheap whiskey once I need a restocking.
    Old grand dad bonded in the $25 range.

100 proof and could be that spice/heat you're looking for.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Site Supporter

Sippin' Bourbon

The Kentucky Brown Water Gods saw fit to smile upon a displaced Midwestern boy today.

I was stocking up the reserves and was taking stock of the bourbon selection at ABC today. The gentleman that helped me with some wine selections for the wife (they stopped carrying her preferred brand of merlot) came over and asked if I was looking for anything. “Just looking through for some bourbon.”

“Well, if you’re interested, I’ve got a bottle of Weller in the back.”

“I’ll take it.”

The also had something that looked like a bonafide bad idea in a bottle . . . that one didn’t come hone with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ragnar_d; 09-14-2019 at 02:17 PM.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    The Kentucky Brown Water Gods saw fit to smile upon a displaced Midwestern boy today.

I was stocking up the reserves and was taking stock of the bourbon selection at ABC today. The gentleman that helped me with some wine selections for the wife (they stopped carrying her preferred brand of merlot) came over and asked if I was looking for anything. “Just looking through for some bourbon.”

“Well, if you’re interested, I’ve got a bottle of Weller in the back.”

“I’ll take it.”

The also had something that looked like a bonafide bad idea in a bottle . . . that one didn’t come hone with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you get home crack the SR open even if you don't want to drink it now. Air makes that stuff even better

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Site Supporter
    I tasted a TotalWine barrel select barrel proof Dickel Bourbon yesterday that was Excellent, but the $54/750 price was a bit dear. I went with the Bakers. 107 is in my lane, er, back alley.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I tasted a TotalWine barrel select barrel proof Dickel Bourbon yesterday that was Excellent, but the $54/750 price was a bit dear. I went with the Bakers. 107 is in my lane, er, back alley.
    I am in awe of the high level bourbonitude in this thread. I've got to catch up some. I think I'll pour a McKenna while I reconnoiter the situation.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List