Page 140 of 242 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 2411

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Paid $39.9x today. They had some Wellers special reserve for less. I've sorta lost interest in the SR. Antique or 12 would be good to find though.

ETA. The Taylor was also $39.xx. Extra nice.
    I agree. The Weller SR is a pass for me but I'm always on the lookout for the 107 or 12 year versions.

A friend of mine left a bottle of this at my house: https://www.thisisstolen.com/product/stolen-whiskey/

it's pretty good! I like sweet bourbons though so it might not be for everyone.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    A friend of mine left a bottle of this at my house: https://www.thisisstolen.com/product/stolen-whiskey/

it's pretty good! I like sweet bourbons though so it might not be for everyone.
    They were tasting both this one and their smoked rum at TotalWine last year.
    The rum had a positive media buzz at the time. I brought home the bourbon.
    I thought it was good, but prefer others at a lower price point.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Still one of my favorites.

Name:  47E3D41C-E7A7-48BF-8BB9-DA90BDC81240.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  55.0 KB
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Just finished a bottle of Blanton’s. Wish it wasn’t so hard to find more.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Still one of my favorites.

Name:  47E3D41C-E7A7-48BF-8BB9-DA90BDC81240.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  55.0 KB
    If you haven't tried it yet move up to the barrel proof version. It is great bourbon.
    Last edited by O4L; 08-15-2019 at 10:41 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Just finished a bottle of Blanton’s. Wish it wasn’t so hard to find more.
    No kidding. I have one I'm saving for the holidays. If I can hold out that long.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    If you haven't tried it yet move up to the barrel proof version. It is great bourbon.
    Very hard to find it around here.. I agree though, EC Small Batch is very good, but Barrel Proof is noticeably better.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Very hard to find it around here.. I agree though, EC Small Batch is very good, but Barrel Proof is noticeably better.
    How does the Barrel Proof compare to the McKenna (bottled in bond)?

I only have the Small Batch as everything in demand is relatively hard to come by around here.
    Last edited by blues; 08-16-2019 at 09:23 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    How does the Barrel Proof compare to the McKenna (bottled in bond)?

I only have the Small Batch as everything in demand is relatively hard to come by around here.
    I've had the McKenna 10-year (predecessor to the BiB), but have never seen the new McKenna BiB on a shelf (or even in the back room) here. Would love to try it. I don't recall the proof on the old 10-year.

I thought the old 10-year was good, but the EC BP is more of everything (except Rye). More body, more caramel (which I like), and although the proof is higher (~125-ish) there's not any alcohol "bite", like some other high-proof spirits.

Separate topic....
    I came across a bottle of 1792 barrel select last week. Must have been a bad barrel, the 1792 small batch was much better and less expensive. I suppose that's what barrel select is all about though. You need to find a barrel you like and try and stick with it. (good luck with that these days). TotalWine had a barrel they picked back in the spring that was excellent, but it's long gone.

User Tag List