Page 132 of 242 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 2411

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

our local State store just upgraded the whiskey department...

Name:  20190420_095243_HDR.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  99.3 KB

Easy fellas..
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

^^^^The proprietor must be German.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Finally found a Balcones that I can recommend. The BiB Rye was excellent. The back notes of cinnamon were interesting. I do regret not buying enough to try a Manhattan, but I expect my next trip to the store will remedy that.

Bonus...

Bourbon Buddy grabbed a few bottles of McKenna 10 BiB on a drive through Arkansas. Delish. The store employee said they sold their entire case of Weller Antique a few minutes prior, all to one person. The store owner refuses to limit purchases on allocated spirits, so, Bourbon Buddy bought their 4 remaining bottles of McKenna 10.

I almost feel bad.

Attachment 37415

ETA: The glass of ice in the background is WifeGBiv making a fruity cocktail. NOT for the Bourbon. (We are not blasphemers here!)
    I might know a guy with some more of that rye.

I did get to taste it straight out of the still last year. They were doing the hearts cut, and rye new make is really nice - nothing quite like 165 proof rye still hot off the condenser coil.

I took a bottle of their new Pot Still Bourbon down to Harlingen this week. I had to go solve a work-related problem.

I had some pretty epic Mexican food there, along with a rather spectacular bottle of Tequila. A bunch of Cuban cigars were also consumed. And I'm pretty sure I'm getting an old original CZ-75 from Czechoslovakia.....

Interesting trip. The world of international banking is full of surprises.

I don't remember where I originally heard about this, but I plan on buying every bottle I see. Best $18 I've spent in a long time.

Dark background is the Gulf. I'll try to remember to take some pics tomorrow when we're on the water. The sound of the Gulf is amazing

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    I don't remember where I originally heard about this, but I plan on buying every bottle I see. Best $18 I've spent in a long time.

Dark background is the Gulf. I'll try to remember to take some pics tomorrow when we're on the water. The sound of the Gulf is amazing

That went quick.

My head hurts.

It's a tasty, easy sippin' elixir....
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Bailed out of CT -stupid gun laws- retired to summer house in Maine
    Too funny, just bought a bottle of Evan Williams yesterday based on the recommendation of a employee if the NH Liquor Store. Mine was more expensive. Haven't opened yet. I too am broadening my bourbon sipping experience.

OK I'm sure somebody posted about the Elijah Craig Small Batch here. I'm drinking it now and it is very complex and delightful. Strong caramel on the nose. Strong oak flavor and a clean finish. I'm enjoying this quite a bit, especially at just under $30.

Quote Originally Posted by donlapalma View Post
    OK I'm sure somebody posted about the Elijah Craig Small Batch here. I'm drinking it now and it is very complex and delightful. Strong caramel on the nose. Strong oak flavor and a clean finish. I'm enjoying this quite a bit, especially at just under $30.
    EC is good stuff. I almost grabbed another bottle today, but the shop had just received 2 bottles of 4 year Willett Rye that absorbed my funds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found my new favorite shop in Omaha, NE. Had 2 1.75L of Weller Special Reserve on the shelf for $75 each (I know it’s well over retail, but it’s half the going rate). Dude that owned the place was super knowledgeable and only carried good and harder to find (and impossible to find. He had an Eagle Rare 17 in the back) Bourbon and Rye. Definitely going back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List