Page 129 of 241 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 2407

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    They’ve had a couple home runs. While not bourbon, their Bernheim Wheat Whiskey is another phenomenal option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bernheim is good stuff. If you like wheated Bourbon (Buffalo Trace), definitely give Berheim a try.

I was surprised how good some of the HH stuff is. EW Bottled in Bond is my House Bourbon these days.

I think I posted earlier about a HH tasting I went to that was hosted by Bernie Lubbers.

He did a show/tasting of HH Whiskeys advertised as "The Evolution Of Bourbon Told Through Bluegrass Music"

Much fun!

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Sometimes I forget how much I like Maker's Mark.

Happy spring BBQ'ing y'all!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Picked up some Russel's Reserve 10 Year today, looking forward to trying it. Also a bottle of Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream, which always goes fast.

I was in a shop in Gatlinburg last weekend and noticed they had one bottle of the McKenna left, at $50. I was tempted, but passed knowing it's a $35 riding a wave of popularity due to their wins.

I may kick myself for that, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Oh my. This is really good. Sipping it neat at the moment. My first try at a bottled in bond. It’s worth every penny of the $34 I paid for it. I can’t imagine it’ll stay that cheap.

Attachment 36736
    Last edited by Jason F; 04-06-2019 at 05:34 PM.
    Full disclosure: I am a freelance professional photographer/cinematographer for the firearms and defense industry, among others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason F View Post
    I was in a shop in Gatlinburg last weekend and noticed they had one bottle of the McKenna left, at $50. I was tempted, but passed knowing it's a $35 riding a wave of popularity due to their wins.

I may kick myself for that, but oh well.
    I’m the same way on that one. It’s one of those I’d like to try before I buy. Even then, paying over retail more than $5 or so is a tough justification unless it’s limited release.

I have a feeling Buffalo Trace is going to be overpriced before long. I've been to multiple stores that have told me that when they get it it's only a few bottles at a time. I can still find Henry McKena at normal prices. If it and BT disappear or are priced out of reach I'll be happy with "settling" for Elijah Craig small batch. It's really very good and reasonably priced.

I have a feeling Buffalo Trace is going to be overpriced before long. I've been to multiple stores that have told me that when they get it it's only a few bottles at a time. I can still find Henry McKena at normal prices. If it and BT disappear or are priced out of reach I'll be happy with "settling" for Elijah Craig small batch. It's really very good and reasonably priced.
    Especially the 1.75 liter bottle.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Especially the 1.75 liter bottle.
    The small bottle evaporates way to fast.

I frequent stores in AZ, NE, SD, and IA that just got single barrel selects in the last 2 weeks. Buffalo Trace is on every shelf (including grocery stores) for $25.99-$29.99 in the mid west and most of Arizona. It may be a low population/regional thing, but every shop in Phoenix even had it (including my preferred shop in Tempe).

Elijah Craig is just as good.

Side track. I ended my LONG day with George T Stagg Jr (this is the same mash bill as buffalo trace, just barrel proof). One ice cube in glass, fill until ice cube is covered (about 1.5oz). Excellent bourbon. One of my favorites. It’s just happiness in a glass. Ate dinner (chimichuri flat iron). Ending the night with the same size pour of Elija Craig Barrel Proof. While both AMAZING bourbons, Elijah Craig has it. It’s probably the best bourbon I’ve had so far. I think Heaven Hill (between Elijah Craig, Evan Williams BIB, and Henry McKenna) is going to give Buffalo Trace (and Sazerac as a whole) a serious run for their money.

If anything, I think Buffalo Trace will become more common on the shelves to compete with the Heaven Hill (especially the Evan Williams BIB) offerings.

I could be totally off base.

Also, folks should keep their eyes out for the spring release of George T Stagg, Jr. my preferred spirit shop got their case (bought 2 bottles) and the local grocery store got theirs, too (how a Fareway grocery store gets GT Stagg Jr and Blantons in a month baffles me. I’m ready to give the teenagers that work there cash if they give me a heads up on good whiskey that comes in).

User Tag List