Page 116 of 241 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 2406

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I have yet to find a lady who does not appreciate Basil Hayden's. It's either pretty decent whiskey, or I just hang out with the right women.

Possibly both.
    It's a very easy drinking bourbon. I can understand why women might like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Phart View Post
    It's a very easy drinking bourbon. I can understand why women might like it.

"Manly, yes...but I like it too!"

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

As the commercial used to say, "Strong enough for a man, made for a woman." [emoji3]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

CWM11B
    While more of a cousin to bourbon, a friend recently recommended Gentleman Jack to me. Were he not a trusted pal, I never would have tried it. Very good to my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    While more of a cousin to bourbon, a friend recently recommended Gentleman Jack to me. Were he not a trusted pal, I never would have tried it. Very good to my taste.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

It was my go-to for many, many years.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Jack Daniels was always our requested whiskey as under age drinkers 'cause that's what the rockers drank. Year later, when I ran bars for a living in the late 1900's, I was a teetotaler 'cause you don't get high on your own supply as Tony taught us. I remember being indignant that JD went from 86 to 80 proof while raising their price per bottle and I swore off the brand even after leaving the bar world and picking back up my own rocks glass. Just in typing this I've realized I'm still fairly F them for that stunt, but I'm a bourbon snob anyway so F them twice.

That said, I'll cheerfully have a glass of Gentleman Jack, their Single Barrel, too. If I'm ever offered their Sinatra Select, that'll be a yes please and thanking you. You've committed no sin that these aging eyes can see, go in peace, my son, there is no absolution to give here.

I have a bottle of Little Book Chapter 2, and like it. But I do tend to enjoy cask strength stuff with all the extra horsepower.

If you get a chance, snag a bottle of there new stuff from Old Forester. It's a 100-proof rye they are selling for $23 a bottle. It's really good at that price point.

And I was talking with a friend at Balcones this afternoon, and they are releasing a new $30 bottle - called Texas Pot Still Bourbon. They do not use any column stills, which frankly I consider a good thing. It's harder to work a pot still, but the effort is worth it.

It's 24 months old, and aged in new charred oak barrels, so it qualifies as straight Bourbon. Mashbill is Texas ingredients - blue corn, wheat, rye and malted barley. I think it's also going to do very well at that price point. I'm driving down next weekend to snag a few bottles at the release party.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    My daughter was born yesterday. Second child for my wife and I, my son being almost three. Got home to rest with the little guy and discovered that a friend dropped off a bottle of bulliet bourbon. Currently sipping on it and enjoying the memories made over the past thirty hours.
    Congratulations!

My brother gifted me a bottle for Christmas. While no my go-to, it's still good and will go toward stocking the bar that my father recently built for me:

Name:  IMG_1082.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  31.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1083.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  27.1 KB
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

That is straight up awesome! Kudos to your pops!

User Tag List