Lol, I'm 27. Did the Marine Corps first and then college if that helps

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Nope, I still feel old.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Nope, I still feel old.
    Class of #1985
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Class of #1985
    born #1991, OEF 2010

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Well thank you for your service Marine!

But I'm still old[er] @ 55yo. High school class of '82.

That being said, I would NOT want to be 27 again, or, for that matter, younger again. I'm very comfortable in my mids.

Back on track already!

Basil Hayden last evening. Sooooooooo tasty!
    Last edited by CSW; 02-17-2019 at 07:30 AM.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

All you whippersnappers need to drink more and post less.

(I'll lift a glass of Buffalo Trace, Basil Hayden's or Elijah Craig tonight in your collective honor...but mostly to help me forget that come June I'll have graduated college 45 years ago.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I found a bottle of Basil Haydens a couple weeks ago. Cheap. It was on sale at a grocery chain for $29 so I snagged one. My sister was introduced to the world of bourbon that evening and she really liked it too. We drank way to much but it was a good visit.

I haven’t cracked open the Elijah Craig yet but will soon.

I’m younger than some but older than others. I have the weird distinction of deploying to three different combat zones over three different decades though. That definitely makes me feel old at times.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I found a bottle of Basil Haydens a couple weeks ago. Cheap. It was on sale at a grocery chain for $29 so I snagged one. My sister was introduced to the world of bourbon that evening and she really liked it too. We drank way to much but it was a good visit.

I’m younger than some but older than others. I have the weird distinction of deploying to three different combat zones over three different decades though. That definitely makes me feel old at times.
    You're still here with us, brother, and and have the chance to grow old...and for that we can all raise a glass in thanks.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post

I have yet to find a lady who does not appreciate Basil Hayden's. It's either pretty decent whiskey, or I just hang out with the right women.

Possibly both.

Site Supporter
    Bourbon buddy found another Unicorn on a trip to Arkansas.

It was good stuff, but, nothing at all like Booker's. Check the label. Rye and Canadian. WTF!

Honestly, it wasn't worth anywhere near the 3-figure asking price. I guess they can't all be winners.

Here's a review; https://thewhiskeywash.com/reviews/whiskey-review-little-book-easy/

Name:  Book.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  41.7 KB

Also...
    Thanks to whoever recommended the Old Grandad 114. Definitely worth the $20 I paid for it (750mL).
    On par, quality-wise with the Evan Williams Bottled in Bond, but a very different flavor profile. Mash bill more similar to Wellers SR.
    Bourbon buddy liked it better than the Little Book, I think. I didn't press him on it.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List