Page 101 of 241 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2407

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Sigfan26 - great haul. That Willet rye is one of my faves.

I can't wait for the Weller inventories to build back up after the holidays. They are getting out a lot more production now, and you will starting seeing more Weller on the shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

I can't wait for the Weller inventories to build back up after the holidays. They are getting out a lot more production now, and you will starting seeing more Weller on the shelves.
    I hope so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

I just picked up a handle of Weller Special Reserve at the Lewisville Costco for $32ish.
    David S.

Name:  IMG_20190103_201403.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  41.5 KB

A buddy is the Liquor Manager at the mothership for a very large liquor chain. I took a bottle of distillery-only Bourbon (one of 161 bottles) to him today, and poured him a shot while we had lunch. New Year's and Christmas was pretty dang crazy for him, and he was glad to sit for a moment.

He was also kind enough to sell me a one-liter bottle of Weller Antique 107 he had set back for me. $29 plus tax.

Good karma. It's a thing. Do unto others, etc etc.

ETA: And $32 for a handle jug of Weller SP is a good deal. I want to say that usually retails around $39?

Some things just go together.

Name:  IMG_5681.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  46.7 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

JSG4...I admire your style and your sig line, just sayin.

What's the consensus on the Weller 107? I've not tried a wheated bourbon (to my knowledge) other than Maker's which I find a bit too sweet. (Local ABC store gets a limited number of wheated options.)

Recently, of the three I currently have on hand, I prefer Elijah Craig, (now NAS small batch vs. the prior 12 year old), to Basil Hayden's and Buffalo Trace. Not sure if that helps define whether I might or might not like one of the Weller offerings or a wheated bourbon from another label.

Maybe I should just stick with the EC and call it good but I'm sort of curious if there's something out there I might like.

(I tend to go for the Islay single malt scotch offerings over bourbon the last few years.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    What's the consensus on the Weller 107? I've not tried a wheated bourbon (to my knowledge) other than Maker's which I find a bit too sweet. (Local ABC store gets a limited number of wheated options.)

Recently, of the three I currently have on hand, I prefer Elijah Craig, (now NAS small batch vs. the prior 12 year old), to Basil Hayden's and Buffalo Trace. Not sure if that helps define whether I might or might not like one of the Weller offerings or a wheated bourbon from another label.

Maybe I should just stick with the EC and call it good but I'm sort of curious if there's something out there I might like.

(I tend to go for the Islay single malt scotch offerings over bourbon the last few years.)
    I really like the Weller Antique 107. It would be my favorite go to bourbon if I could just find it around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Phart View Post
    I really like the Weller Antique 107. It would be my favorite go to bourbon if I could just find it around here.
    Thanks, O P. My local shop never really knows which of the "hard to get" bottles they'll be allocated by the state run ABC system so it's a crap shoot at best. The fella did mention that they get the 107 in from time to time. I'll check back soon.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List