Page 181 of 241 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 2407

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Sorry guys couldn't wait anymore

Happy new year to y'all.

Wasn't an easy year with the virus and crap but with God help I plan to stay here for looooong time.

Simong.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

giving this a spin right now.128 proof

Here's to a prosperous and healthy 2021 my friends.

Name:  688E1C04-C7D8-40D6-9866-6FAA6233F92C_1_201_a.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  49.7 KB
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Say I don’t know anything about bourbon and want to find out what all the buzz is about. What’s something I should try that’s available at my local liquor store?
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Site Supporter
    I typically point people who are new to bourbon to Four Roses. It's very smooth and not expensive. If you want something with some more flavor and ass in its britches Knob Creek is a winner without spending much.

If they actually have Weller on the shelf people who like light, easy drinking bourbon go crazy over it. Tastes like bourbon flavored water to me but I understand the draw.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Say I don’t know anything about bourbon and want to find out what all the buzz is about. What’s something I should try that’s available at my local liquor store?
    i'm a fair newb too, I really like Basil Hayden's for a smoother drink, and recently tried the Woodford Reserve Double Oaked when a bartender at a whiskey bar was saying it's his go-to recommendation (he was recommending it to the "we've never tried whiskey!" ladies at the other end of the bar). I thought it was pretty good, I might pick some up next time I'm shopping (if ever. I'm still working on what I bought at the beginning of quarantine).
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Where in Oklahoma are you? Im in Claremore. There is so much to choose from and so many nuances. What types of spirits do you currently like?
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    i'm a fair newb too, I really like Basil Hayden's for a smoother drink, and recently tried the Woodford Reserve Double Oaked when a bartender at a whiskey bar was saying it's his go-to recommendation (he was recommending it to the "we've never tried whiskey!" ladies at the other end of the bar). I thought it was pretty good, I might pick some up next time I'm shopping (if ever. I'm still working on what I bought at the beginning of quarantine).
    If you like BH I think you would like Four Roses Small Batch. If you liked the Woodford I also recommend you try Elijah Craig Small Batch. I’ve recommended it to several people and all have liked it.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    This question is similar to.... "I'm a new shooter... what gun should I buy?" Too many variables....

Pick a big spirits retailer and buy yourself some sample/airline/50mL bottles to try.... You might get lucky and find a sample size of Evan William Bottled in Bond (White label), or maybe Larceny ... I even see Elijah Craig in small bottles occasionally... Balcones has a variety of brown things in small bottles (more "Whiskey than Bourbon, IMO, but worth trying). Try a few and tell us what you like/don't like.

If I was shopping with you and wanted to point you to something I think is very good, at a price point that doesn't make you cry if you hate it....
    1. Evan Williams Bottled in Bond.
    2. Early Times Bottled in Bond.
    3. Larceny
    4. Weller Special Reserve (this is their low end Bourbon. Hard to find, but, not expensive unless your liquor store is scalping. It's $40/1.75L here, about $25 or so for the 750mL if you can find it.)
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Just tried Belle Meade Reserve Cask Strength last night. Very enjoyable to drink. Notes of green apple and caramel. If you see it, give it a shot. I wager you will be pleased just like I was.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Basil Hayden is easy to find, not terribly expensive, and enjoyable.

User Tag List