Page 211 of 241 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 2407

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Elijah Craig Toasted Barrel is very good. That Elijah Craig 18 year was surprisingly good. Not as oakey as I thought it would be and very smooth. Henry McKenna is another very good bourbon. If you can find it, JTS Brown BiB is damn good, especially for the price of $16ish per bottle here in NC.
    Sooo, which one is your current #1 of 2021 so far? Sounds like it's the Elijah Craig 18-Year or JTS Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    My current favorite (and bargain) is Early Times BIB. Get it while you can. The label has been sold. Alledgedly, the new owners aren't going to change it, but I doubt it. It is 25 bucks a liter in NC.
    I talked about this with a fellow regular customer at my favorite shop yesterday, and he pointed out that even if Sazerac actually keeps the original mashbill after the old stock they bought runs out, it will most likely be with their own yeast strain and not with Brown-Forman's, as that is specific to each distillery. Having had Old Forester's Signature 100 and Woodford Reserve distiller's select, I kinda get the resemblance.

When did drinking become so complicated?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Student
    Like shooting, it is very simple if not necessarily easy.
    It only gets complicated when personal contexts are added and folks like me want to make it complicated, i.e. wanting to learn more about the craft even if I may never source a crop, run a still, and lay down my own barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Like shooting, it is very simple if not necessarily easy.
    It only gets complicated when personal contexts are added and folks like me want to make it complicated, i.e. wanting to learn more about the craft even if I may never source a crop, run a still, and lay down my own barrel.
    Sorry, @Yung , I meant it as a humorous / rhetorical question.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Sorry, @Yung , I meant it as a humorous / rhetorical question.
    Didn't you get the memo? No fun allowed. How dare you? You should apologize to me again.

Didn't you get the memo? No fun allowed. How dare you? You should apologize to me again.
    Sorry, @Yung, I was reading a memo and accidentally ran over a groundhog. What a day, at the risk of repeating myself.

You know what would be good? A nice shot of bourbon!

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Sorry, @Yung, I was reading a memo and accidentally ran over a groundhog. What a day, at the risk of repeating myself.

You know what would be good? A nice shot of bourbon!
    Fornicate it. I'm having rum. Feeling a bit nostalgic for my seafaring days

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Fornicate it. I'm having rum. Feeling a bit nostalgic for my seafaring days

Arrrrggghhhh....Shiver your timbers while you're at it!

Sooo, which one is your current #1 of 2021 so far? Sounds like it's the Elijah Craig 18-Year or JTS Brown.
    That’s a complex actually. The Toasted Barrel is hard to find. The EC 18 is too expensive to drink daily. I literally popped the cork on that bottle on 9/11 because, well, 9/11. I expected it to be oakey but was surprised. I’m saving the remaining JTS Brown because, like the Toasted, it’s hard to find.

The Toasted has a few shots left in it and I’m looking another bottle. Honestly, between Henry McKenna 10 year and the Toasted is where I’m at.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Elijah Craig Toasted Barrel is very good. That Elijah Craig 18 year was surprisingly good. Not as oakey as I thought it would be and very smooth. Henry McKenna is another very good bourbon. If you can find it, JTS Brown BiB is damn good, especially for the price of $16ish per bottle here in NC.

I bought the Blantons Gold with high expectations… and they were quickly diminished. Not that good at all. For that matter, and I hate to say it, there are way better bourbons than Blantons. After I drink the letters/horses that I currently have, unless it’s something very special I won’t buy it again.

It’s bourbon season and you should start seeing the harder to find ones coming out. There is a new store opening here in October or November and the local/county ABC folks are holding back all the good shit. You can bet my ass will be in line.
    The ABC on 15 /501 between Pittsboro and Chapel Hill kept telling me that they always have McKenna 10, each of the 5 days in a row I bought a bottle there back in September 2020. I asked them to sell me the case, since I was leaving town and they could, apparently, get more. No dice, but, it was good for a shared laugh.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List