Page 209 of 241 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2406

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    NC ALE (Alcohol Law Enforcement) did the same thing here in December. Caught a guy selling Pappy on Craigslist. Although I don’t know what will happen with the bottle once the case is adjudicated.
    They take it to the landfill and destroy it. As in smash the bottles and water the dump with it. This I know as fact. Personally, I don't think it's the goobermints business what guys do with stuff they legally bought. I've got a couple of unopened bottles bought from ABC. If I were offerred what they are going for on the secondary market, I'd be halfway to one of those sweet Manhurin MR73s Beretta is bringing in.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    They take it to the landfill and destroy it. As in smash the bottles and water the dump with it. This I know as fact. Personally, I don't think it's the goobermints business what guys do with stuff they legally bought. I've got a couple of unopened bottles bought from ABC. If I were offerred what they are going for on the secondary market, I'd be halfway to one of those sweet Manhurin MR73s Beretta is bringing in.
    So I’m the case I talked about, it wasn’t a legal sale since that bottle of Pappy can’t be legally purchased anywhere in Ohio. Legal to own if you buy it out of state and bring it back. But still, I think they can use those resources somewhere else instead of busting guys selling a single bottle. 🤷*♂️
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Man, that sucks. Still bullshit IMO. Government needs to get out of the alcohol business IMO. They totally control liquor sales here.

So the FIL dropped this on me last night. I was quite speechless. This is going into the back of the safe and staying there for quite a while. Name:  IMG-20210824-WA0014.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  27.3 KB

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

A Tribute to the 13

Name:  PXL_20210827_012706016.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  52.7 KB
    Proud Son of a former Tomb Guard

NRA Endowment Life Member, GOA Lifer, VCDL

Site Supporter
    Wife and I spent the weekend in Fredericksburg (Texas).
    It's a touristy, attractive, Germanic town in the Texas Hill Country that's trying to build itself into a Texas rendition of Napa/Sonoma.
    Great weather, great food (we had all kinds of schnitzel, which we both love), surprisingly good wines (Becker was good, Cicada had a bourbon barrel finished red blend that was very good, Heath had some good sparklers, etc)... For me the highlight was some barrel tastings at Garrison Brothers just down the road in Hye. I'm mostly "meh" on their off-the-shelf stuff from the local stores, but, the barrel samples we tried were quite good.

Overall, a great weekend. Except for the waistline.

Name:  Garr.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  74.8 KB

ETA: Luckenbach is a tourist trap. Please let me know if I missed something. We rolled through and didn't even stop.
    But, there's this very cool place in Albert (Albert Ice House) that has a dance hall, cold beer, live music and one of the most gorgeous live oaks I've ever seen.
    This photo doesn't to it any justice at all.

Last edited by RoyGBiv; 08-30-2021 at 03:59 PM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Picked up this 70ce (700ml) bottle today.

Name:  9F2CB5E4-30D8-4B34-8A11-3A9BA6E37C70.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  41.0 KB

Student

September is National Bourbon Heritage Month

110th CONGRESS

1st Session

S. RES. 294

IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES

August 2, 2007

Mr. Bunning submitted the following resolution; which was considered and agreed to

RESOLUTION

Designating September 2007 as National Bourbon Heritage Month.

Whereas Congress declared bourbon as America’s Native Spirit in 1964, making it the only spirit distinctive to the United States;

Whereas the history of bourbon-making is interwoven with the history of the United States, from the first settlers of Kentucky in the 1700s, who began the bourbon-making process, to the 2,000 families and farmers distilling bourbon in Kentucky by the 1800s;

Whereas bourbon has been used as a form of currency;

Whereas generations have continued the heritage and tradition of the bourbon-making process, unchanged from the process used by their ancestors centuries before;

Whereas individual recipes for bourbon call for natural ingredients, utilizing the local Kentucky farming community and leading to continued economic development for the Commonwealth of Kentucky;

Whereas generations of people in the United States have traveled to Kentucky to experience the family heritage, tradition, and deep-rooted legacy that the Commonwealth contributes to the United States;

Whereas each year during September visitors from over 13 countries attend a Kentucky-inspired commemoration to celebrate the history of the Commonwealth, the distilleries, and bourbon;

Whereas people who enjoy bourbon should do so responsibly and in moderation; and

Whereas members of the beverage alcohol industry should continue efforts to promote responsible consumption and to eliminate drunk driving and underage drinking: Now, therefore, be it

That the Senate—
    (1)designates September 2007 as National Bourbon Heritage Month;
    (2)recognizes bourbon as America’s Native Spirit and reinforces its heritage and tradition and its place in the history of the United States; and
    (3)recognizes the contributions of the Commonwealth of Kentucky to the culture of the United States.

If you can't beat 'em...join them...drink yourself silly.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Hammertime
    I have been enjoying the Knob Creek small batch. I just drink it over ice.

Name:  A3DA6C2C-28BA-4C3B-99FA-7AC9772E0E58.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  50.6 KB

One thing I have noticed is that 60ml (2 ounces) in an evening is too much for me. It makes me more off balance than I like and I tend to wake up with a bit off a head ache and feeling overall inflamed. I have never been much into alcohol and I think this is my body telling me that now is not the time. I am going to stick to 30ml at a go from now on.

User Tag List