Page 4 of 242 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Dry Fly Wheat Whiskey. Supportin' the Washington State economy! (although the price is right at the imposed cutoff.)

Also, the bottle is a hoot.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Another huge Boulleit fan here. The 10 year old is even better than the regular.
    Also love the Knob Creek Single Barrel.
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

For economical everyday sipping whiskey, I long went with Costco's "Kirkland Signature" bourbon. IIRC, it's 7-year-old Knob Creek (as opposed to the 9-year stuff in the actual branded bottle), and it was $20 for a 1L bottle. Now Costco's bumped it up to $22 per liter, and that was just enough to make the 1.75L bottle of Buffalo Trace slightly cheaper per ounce. Personally, though, I think I like the Kirkland better, and when I finish my big bottle of Trace, I'll switch back to Kirkland.

For economical Scotch, I go for either Grangestone 12, Speyburn 10 or (if Costco's got it) Glenlivet 12. Auchentoshen's lower-end bottle is also quite good for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning fast View Post
    Ridiculous as in ridiculously underpriced?
    Well, I don't want to say this too loudly, but I'd pay more for it... :-)

My top two pics for a reasonably price bourbon whiskey would be:

Buffalo Trace
    Eagle Rare

Breckinridge Bourbon is priced a little bit higher but it is my first choice overall.

So had to make unplanned trip home for a funeral and ran into this issue. My dad has a cabinet full of great bourbons. His sister is in town and keeps grabbing bottles to pour into a coke. It's killing us. He went through the cabinet and the cheapest thing he had was Buffalo Trace and 1792.

Last night be and I made a run to get something even cheaper for her to mix with. He bought some Ancient Age. I tried some at last call and it wasn't half bad. I'm going to try it again tonight to make sure I want just too drunk to care last night. It was $14.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    Breckinridge Bourbon is priced a little bit higher but it is my first choice overall.
    Of all the ""Bourbons" produced in unusual places", this is my favorite so far.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    His sister is in town and keeps grabbing bottles to pour into a coke. It's killing us.
    Kentucky deluxe.

KYD + Coke tastes pretty much like Jim Beam + Coke.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Forgot we took this last night.

Anyone note the logo on my shirt? Jay ......

User Tag List