Page 196 of 241 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 2406

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I mean, what's next? Bison Dick?

Don't get me wrong, I'm as much a fan of the antelope family (bovidae) as anyone...
    Old Carter has a horse on its label drawn by Sherri Carter. Its name is Brown Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Old Carter has a horse on its label drawn by Sherri Carter. Its name is Brown Dick.
    So tempting to comment...but...no...

There's nothing civil about this war.

Student
    Man, that uncut Smoke Wagon is no joke wagon. I'm glad we can get it here for $65. I think it is better than MGP's own Remus Reserve II through IV. Despite the batches usually being in the 110s, I feel like I could drink it neat and not just sip it neat.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Man, that uncut Smoke Wagon is no joke wagon. I'm glad we can get it here for $65. I think it is better than MGP's own Remus Reserve II through IV. Despite the batches usually being in the 110s, I feel like I could drink it neat and not just sip it neat.
    Nearest TotalWine that has the Uncut is in Nevada.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Nearest TotalWine that has the Uncut is in Nevada.
    Given that H&C Distilling is based out of Nevada, I guess that makes sense.
    Well, next time you're out west, I can certainly square you away with a bottle.

Student
    If any of you guys fancied Evan Williams 1783 for your bottom-shelf booty, the proof is going from 86 to 90. Whatever the batch size was before, it is now going to be less than 300 barrels aged 6-8 years.

https://heavenhilldistillery.com/eva...mall-batch.php

Site Supporter
    Picked up a Bardstown Fusion #3 yesterday.
    https://www.bardstownbourbon.com/brands/
    TASTING NOTES
    The fusion between youthful and aged bourbon becomes immediately apparent on the nose. Green apple with honey join roasted nuts and caramel. These disparate profiles are unified on the first sip, coating the palate and finishing with extraordinary balance.
    Summary: Liked it a lot, but, there are things I like better that are priced less ($55)
    Little bit of ice chips to open it up. Well balanced, good viscosity. Not as much caramel as I like but, still there.

I like what they're doing here though.... I need to find a good Bourbon Bar nearby, where I can try things without committing to a bottle.
    Would very much like to try the Discovery #4

Fusion #3 mashbill
    Name:  fusion_mash.png
Views: 245
Size:  33.9 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Student
    After two months of airing out, I still think Knob Creek 12s and 15s are not as good as even the single barrel store picks that are only 9 years, though I hear older ones are not uncommon. I missed out on the cask strength version of the 12 year though, so my bias might be due to the picks being 120 proof and the 12s and 15s being 100.

Name:  16147482319984129377004504865550.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  61.4 KB

Student
    And on a related note, today I saw a couple bottles of Doc Swinson's 15 years, batch 11 on the shelf. At $170 I decided against it, as I just can't shake the feeling they're probably Beam, Barton, or Heaven Hill picks in disguise.

It's almost Friday...

And I should have it here Friday.

L'chaim to life

Simong.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List