Page 146 of 241 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 2407

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    How to enjoy Irish whiskey.
    Can’t argue with that.

Although... I was on an Air Force base a few months ago for a catered formal dinner. The whiskey choices at the bar were Jack, Jim, and Jameson’s. I bought the Jameson’s.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    That mini is an Ashton Esquire. I prefer their Half Corona's for a quick cigar, but the local shop was out.
    Mild, like a Romeo and Julieta, but different. "Creamier", maybe. More vanilla. Great aroma.

Their full size line is similarly good.
    If you like a stronger flavor, the Ashton VSG line is excellent. My favorite non-Cubano cigar.
    Cohiba Siglo IV es numero uno.

I'm not much of a cigar smoker these days... have never smoked cigarettes... but 2 fingers and a mini hits the spot on a warm sunny afternoon in January.

http://ashtoncigar.com/cigars/ashton...small-cigars#0
    http://ashtoncigar.com/cigars/ashton...ashton-esquire
    http://ashtoncigar.com/cigars/ashton...irgin-sungrown
    I had a boss that would pitch me an Ashton and we'd wander out to the parking lot for a "strategery" session.

Yes, that was how he pronounced it.

I'll go snag some. We need to have a cigars session at Tac-Con in March.

Thread reminds me the Low Bourbon warning light in the cabinet is blinking.

Must get some more Woodford.

What say y’all to the Double Oaked? Worth the price bump?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Thread reminds me the Low Bourbon warning light in the cabinet is blinking.
    I just told my neighbor to pick me up another bottle of McKenna B.I.B. next time he visits the ABC store. Getting perilously low.

(I do have sufficient Elijah Craig and Basil Hayden's just in case.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I just told my neighbor to pick me up another bottle of McKenna B.I.B. next time he visits the ABC store. Getting perilously low.

(I do have sufficient Elijah Craig and Basil Hayden's just in case.)
    I can't find the McKenna anywhere. Dad had a bottle stashed. My sister and I liberated it over the holiday. It's even better than I remember it being the last time I had it. That and Elijah Craig barrel proof have just about killed everything else for me. I can't find barrel proof anywhere either.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    What say y’all to the Double Oaked? Worth the price bump?
    I had a bottle in hand a few months ago and as the shop owner walked past me he said "You don't want that".
    Knowing that he's familiar with my tastes, I bought something else that day.

I'd still like to try it though. Regular Woodford is ok, but overpriced, IMO. Especially on AA for $8/pour.
    Been keeping an eye out for a sample size. Of this and also the Balcones Rum.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    I had a bottle in hand a few months ago and as the shop owner walked past me he said "You don't want that".

I'd still like to try it though. Regular Woodford is ok, but overpriced, IMO. Especially on AA for $8/pour.
    Agreed on Woodford being overpriced.

For oaky whiskey fans Jim Beam Double Oak is a helluva good deal.

CWM11B
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I can't find the McKenna anywhere. Dad had a bottle stashed. My sister and I liberated it over the holiday. It's even better than I remember it being the last time I had it. That and Elijah Craig barrel proof have just about killed everything else for me. I can't find barrel proof anywhere either.
    Man, that sucks. NC is awash wit EC barrel proof, and Genry McKenna BIB is pretty easy to find as well

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Man, that sucks. NC is awash wit EC barrel proof, and Genry McKenna BIB is pretty easy to find as well
    NE is, too. I bought my last EC barrel proof at Costco and they had 10 cases out. McKenna is in most HyVee grocery stores. Hell, the grocery store I was just at had 3 bottles of 2019 Sam Adams Utopias on the shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need some Balcones Rum?

User Tag List