Page 147 of 241 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 2406

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    You need some Balcones Rum?
    Is Balcones stuff good? I go through Waco frequently for work, but have never gotten to try to stop in there because I'm in a company truck and it beyond just 'frowned upon" to park it at a distillery for a while
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    You need some Balcones Rum?
    Would love to try the rum without committing to a $60 bottle. Haven't seen it on a bar/restaurant shelf or in a sample size anywhere
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Is Balcones stuff good? I go through Waco frequently for work, but have never gotten to try to stop in there because I'm in a company truck and it beyond just 'frowned upon" to park it at a distillery for a while
    While everything I've tried from them is well made, their flavor profiles lean a bit heavy on the corn. That works better for Rye, which I think is excellent, than it does for their Baby Blue, their signature offering, which I don't enjoy. Their Texas Single Malt is OK, but the pot still bourbon was uniquely good.

Like good wines or handsome women, beauty is in the taste buds of the beholder.
    Definitely worth exploring.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Would love to try the rum without committing to a $60 bottle. Haven't seen it on a bar/restaurant shelf or in a sample size anywhere

Name:  rum.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  23.0 KB

plus

Name:  bottles.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  47.6 KB

equals

Name:  smiley.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  24.7 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Thread reminds me the Low Bourbon warning light in the cabinet is blinking.

Must get some more Woodford.

What say y’all to the Double Oaked? Worth the price bump?
    I like the Woodford Double Oaked -- not for an every day bourbon, but occasionally. It doesn't have too heavy an oak flavor, at least to me. It's expensive but definitely worth a try.

Amazing. Virtually impossible to get.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Picked up another bottle of McKenna B.I.B. which is a good thing since the other bottle went tits up last night.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Amazing. Virtually impossible to get.

Are you talking about the bourbon? <ahem> sorry...

Anyway, where is that bourbon made? Is it from a major distiller, or a smaller company?

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Are you talking about the bourbon? <ahem> sorry...

Anyway, where is that bourbon made? Is it from a major distiller, or a smaller company?
    Hah, yes. I am a lucky man to be able to enjoy the finer things.

Looks like there are still a few more barrels of this. Our friend knows the owner.

https://www.woodinvillewhiskeyco.com...port-finished/
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Okay, this is a terrible place to ask this question so I apologize in advance. PM me if you would rather not clutter this thread up. Google hasn't helped at all so I might as well ask the experts.

Does anyone else get a terrible neck ache from drinking bourbon? I'm not talking about a hangover from drinking too much but something that feels like an icepick stuck in the base of your skull? Because I get this and I didn't use to. I can have two normal size glasses and deal with it most of the next day. Often times it hits me while I'm drinking a glass of bourbon, or it will hit me in the middle of the night and I'll wake up with it. Yes, the easy answer is to not drink bourbon but at this point, I'm more curious about why this happens and if others experience something similar more than anything.

FWIW I drink a glass or two of beer once in a while and never have the same issue.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List