Page 198 of 241 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 2407

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mark7 View Post
    Scored this trio on a trip to DE. Living in a state that has a liquor monopoly, they couldn't be sourced locally.

Attachment 69362
    Would appreciate your thoughts on the 1783 when you've had a chance to try it. I'm a big fan of their bottled in bond. The McKenna is excellent, IMO. Haven't tried the 101 or 1783 yet.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Would appreciate your thoughts on the 1783 when you've had a chance to try it. I'm a big fan of their bottled in bond. The McKenna is excellent, IMO. Haven't tried the 101 or 1783 yet.
    Just finished a handle a couple weeks ago. Not bad at all for the price. I wasn’t expecting much for mid $30 half gallon, but tried it after some decent reviews. I was pleasantly surprised. Not a premium whisky by any means, very drinkable though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it a little too sweet for my tastes.

I prefer the white label 100 proof BIB Evan Williams.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by bovw View Post
    Just finished a handle a couple weeks ago. Not bad at all for the price. I wasn’t expecting much for mid $30 half gallon, but tried it after some decent reviews. I was pleasantly surprised. Not a premium whisky by any means, very drinkable though.

Have you tried their bottled in bond? How would you compare the two?

I'm eventually going to have to buy some to try. Heaven Hill is making some good stuff in the affordable price range.

Thanks!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    I find it a little too sweet for my tastes.

I prefer the white label 100 proof BIB Evan Williams.
    Sweet like sugar or caramel?

Sweet like sugar or caramel?
    It's been awhile but more like sugar I would say. I love caramel so that wouldn't put me off.

Have you tried their bottled in bond? How would you compare the two?

I'm eventually going to have to buy some to try. Heaven Hill is making some good stuff in the affordable price range.

Thanks!
    I have not. Just trying to find something decent and affordable with Buffalo Trace being unobtainium in VA

Site Supporter
    I have not. Just trying to find something decent and affordable with Buffalo Trace being unobtainium in VA

Give the white label EW Bottled in Bond a try.
    I'll try the 1783 and we can compare notes.

OH! If you can find the JTS Brown bottled in bond.. Worth a try too.
    I've bought it in VA recently. The BiB is way better than the non.

Student
    Just trying to find something decent and affordable with Buffalo Trace being unobtainium in VA
    A. Smith Bowman is local to your state. They use contract distillate from Buffalo Trace and I think their Bowman Brothers small batch (90 proof) would be right up your alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    A. Smith Bowman is local to your state. They use contract distillate from Buffalo Trace and I think their Bowman Brothers small batch (90 proof) would be right up your alley.
    A Smith Bowman is one county over from me. I’ve have a couple of their whisky’s and the have a decent rum as well. Different branch of the same family.

User Tag List