Page 170 of 241 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 2406

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Not anything new but Buffalo Trace Rye has become a staple here. I don't know if it is age or just boredom but I used to hate rye and only drink bourbon or Islay Scotch; if there was no ice.

But the girl likes rye and i have grown to like it more and more. When she is mean and takes her day out on me the next day a fresh bottle of Trace Rye shows up on the counter.... This one is on its last tumbler so I hope she has a long day tomorrow.....

I was recently able to enjoy a blind 3 flight Bourbon tasting event, which offered a Blanton’s, a George Stagg, and a Van Winkle 12 year. Each was quite good, but the Van Winkle rose to the top, with almost all participants universally ranking it as the best tasting, most complex, and enjoyable of the three.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    I can't get the JTS Brown around here but my favorite inexpensive bourbon is Evan Williams white label BIB. It is also a Heaven Hill product.

Can any of you tell me how the JTSB compares to the EW BIB?
    In N.C. you have to get the liquor store to special order it from Heaven Hill. It was around $12 but has gone up to just over $16.

Name:  Hooten.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  29.3 KB
    Another new veteran owned spirit is Hooten Young 12yo American Whiskey Batch No. 1, co-founded by JSOC veteran MSGT Norm Hooten (the general public will remember him from the movie ”Black Hawk Down” where Hooten was portrayed by actor Eric Bana). Made of 99% corn and 1% barley, this whiskey is not a bourbon. But that is just fine, as it is very smooth and flavorful, with notes of vanilla, crème Brulee, and maple, as well as a bit of apple on the finish. The Hooten Young Batch No. 1 proves every bit as good as the George Dickel 13yo Bottled in Bond Tennessee Whiskey which won the 2019 “Whisky of the Year” award from Whiskey Advocate magazine or the WhistlePig 12yo Old World Rye Whiskey. Hooten Young is now my favorite spirit to serve to old colleagues and friends when we are hanging out and reminiscing. Sadly the bottles empty much faster than anticipated, so it is best to purchase them two or more at a time.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Drove to a Duplin County to make a purchase today.

Name:  A7E6FFF7-AC15-49B3-9E6C-EB3860004487.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  47.8 KB

Nice score! Havent seen that in a few months around here.
    When did the Brown go up? I paid 12 bucks and change last Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Word's out...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    You got a bottle that was bought before the price change. From what I understand, the newer bottles came with the price change.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    You got a bottle that was bought before the price change. From what I understand, the newer bottles came with the price change.
    I paid 12 something in Sanford 10 days ago and 18 something in Chapel Hill 3 days ago. South Hill VA had it for 18 something a handle last weekend.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    I can't get the JTS Brown around here but my favorite inexpensive bourbon is Evan Williams white label BIB. It is also a Heaven Hill product.

Can any of you tell me how the JTSB compares to the EW BIB?
    It's always a tough question to compare flavors of things. My buds are not your buds. I'll give it a try.....

Have you ever had Early Times BiB? I like to compare the ET BiB to Weller-labeled products while comparing the EW BiB to Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare. The EW has a lot more caramel, and has a bit less alcohol bite, even at the same 100 proof.

The JTS, to me, is in between. I find it has a big bite and benefits greatly from a bit of ice. It's got less caramel than the EW but more than the ET. If you like both the EW and ET BiB, you'll find the JTS to be enjoyable, but different still.

Hopefully that's helpful?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List