Page 232 of 242 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 2411

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    I'm not sure the Early Times BIB has changed YET. I'm sure it will, but Sazerac hasn't owned the label long enough to have made any to fit the four year age requirement. I've had several bottles of both, and can't tell the difference. I REALLY hope they dont screw it up. It's about my favorite. Unfortunately I have to drive almost three hours to SC to get it. Fookin NC ABC....

https://youtu.be/5DYV7qJCdy0
    Very interesting. Are you buying screw cap bottles or corks?
    To me, the two definitely taste different with the cork bottles being much better.
    I assume that Sazerac can take the aging barrels they acquired from Brown and blend them their own way or even blend in some Sazerac barrels from the same growing season as long as the finished product meets the BiB requirements.... ?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    To me, the two definitely taste different with the cork bottles being much better.
    Thanks. I noticed the same thing but figured it was just in my head.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

I assume that Sazerac can take the aging barrels they acquired from Brown and blend them their own way or even blend in some Sazerac barrels from the same growing season as long as the finished product meets the BiB requirements.... ?
    Last case I bought was screw top. I haven't seen the corked bottles in a couple of years. I had several of them when available, so going on memory. I don't know that I could tell between the two. I've enjoyed every bottle. But as previously insinuated, I am a bear of very little brain

Student
    Starting at $55-$65, I think that Jack Daniels single barrel, barrel proof is still the best value and availability for the flavor, age and strength even after the post-covid bourbon boom.Name:  20221018_185823.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  35.0 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Starting at $55-$65, I think that Jack Daniels single barrel, barrel proof is still the best value and availability for the flavor, age and strength even after the post-covid bourbon boom.
    It is quite good. And the Rye is pretty good too.

Jack Daniels Bonded is also quite decent.

Site Supporter
    Picked up a bottle of ET BiB yesterday, just to double check.
    IMO, my above statement is correct. YMMV, of course.

Now, I'm certainly not saying that the new ET BiB is "bad", just not as good as when Brown was producing it.
    "Something" has changed... Can't say what.

These dudes agree..... <skip to 9:00>

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Four Roses Small Batch and Russell's Reserve 10 yr are two of my favorites

Student
    In case you missed it, Campari (which owns Wild Turkey) has bought Wilderness Trail, and Diageo bought Balcones.
    Note that Wilderness Trail sold a 70% majority stake for $420 million.

I'm just glad that I was able to enjoy their 8-year a couple months ago for $83 when an unfortunate number of folks were pooh-poohing it. I will remember this when 10-year comes out not long from now.

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    I was given a Visa gift card for my birthday gift back in January.
    Been sitting on it, trying to decide on what to do with it.
    Figured it was time to do something.

Old Forester 1910.
    Angel's Envy.
    Willett. (the genie bottle)
    Woodford reserve double oaked.
    Wild Turkey Longbranch.

Got them all, with 5 bucks left on the card.

So which one shall I try this evening fellas?
    So now, some time after the purchase, I have found:
    The Old Forester 1910 is extremely smooth, with the great finish.

Willett is as good as I remembered, just a touch lighter than the Old Forester.

The Woodford double oaked is perhaps my favorite out of the lot.
    Dark and smokey, with a great long finish.

The Longbranch would make a good go to, every day drinker. Spicy long finish as well.

Which leaves the Angel's Envy.
    While it had great promise from all the reviews in this thread, I didn't care for it that much.
    I can't even say what it was about it that I didn't care for, but I don't think that I will pursue it again.

All were tried neat, then over no more than 3 cubes.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    In case you missed it, Campari (which owns Wild Turkey) has bought Wilderness Trail, and Diageo bought Balcones.
    Note that Wilderness Trail sold a 70% majority stake for $420 million.

I'm just glad that I was able to enjoy their 8-year a couple months ago for $83 when an unfortunate number of folks were pooh-poohing it. I will remember this when 10-year comes out not long from now.
    Wondering if @SeriousStudent has any insight on the Balcones sale?
    All I can find on the selling price is "undisclosed sum" ....
    Obviously a great opportunity to expand the brand globally... will be interesting to see if it sees acceptance in places where traditional single malts are entrenched.

The Wilderness 6-year is available (limited, but still can find) here for $75... and Total is showing a Wheated single barrel for $58... No 8-year anywhere I can see online.

User Tag List