Page 214 of 241 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 2410

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

The Evan Williams "white label" Bottled-in-Bond is great for the price, in my opinion. Around here, it's about $20/1000 ml and $30/1750 ml.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    And thank you, @CWM11B for introducing me to the JTS Brown.

I still have some Elijah Craig, a bit of McKenna and some Basil Hayden's in the cabinet.

But I forget which of the Evan Williams is the one to try next...the white, black or green label? I remember the price was right last time I happened to be in the ABC store, which is a while ago, I admit.

Was it the BIB Evan Williams...because I remember years ago not caring at all for what I think was the "regular" Evan Williams. But that was some years back.
    White label BiB EW is good stuff.
    I've been enjoying the Ezra 99 recently. About $21/750mL
    Early Times BiB is ~$21/full liter, if you can find it. Also great.

Are you drinking the JTS BiB or the regular? The regular is good but the BiB is markedly better and still inexpensive.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    White label BiB EW is good stuff.
    I've been enjoying the Ezra 99 recently. About $21/750mL
    Early Times BiB is ~$21/full liter, if you can find it. Also great.

Are you drinking the JTS BiB or the regular? The regular is good but the BiB is markedly better and still inexpensive.
    I was drinking JTS BIB but it is now sleeping with the fishes...and my local doesn't carry or order it. No biggie. A bottle goes a long way around here. I'll make due with what's on hand and what's available.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Yes! The EW BIB is a great bargain for a decent bourbon.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    EW BIB is supposed to be another great bargain bourbon, but confess I have never tried it. Elijah Craig is pretty good and not hard to find.
    EW BIB is a diamond in the rough.
    Very sipp-able, but can be 'hot'.
    2 cubes or a dropper of H2O really opens it up.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Got something a little special on a whim today. Forgive my sourcing from the wrong continent.

Name:  B1E870FE-7507-414B-8B24-3E22D78FB05C.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  63.0 KB

I got my first bottle of Evan BiB, based on some superlative comments I read on the Internet, thinking that it would be a Great Bourbon. It is not a Great Bourbon.

It's a Very Good Bourbon at a very competitive price. It's sippable neat, but not my first choice. I think it really shines in a booze-forward cocktail like a Boulevardier or Mint Julep. Plus it's cheap enough that I'm OK if somebody wants a whiskey & coke. So I'd say that it's great to have around, but not something I'd feel any particular urgency about trying out if you've never had it.

It doesn't help that I live in a state with minimum shelf prices for liquor, which hurts the value proposition a lot. It's $20 for a 750ml bottle minimum. IIRC, when I lived elsewhere, it was closer to $12.

Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    I got my first bottle of Evan BiB, based on some superlative comments I read on the Internet, thinking that it would be a Great Bourbon. It is not a Great Bourbon.

It's a Very Good Bourbon at a very competitive price. It's sippable neat, but not my first choice. I think it really shines in a booze-forward cocktail like a Boulevardier or Mint Julep. Plus it's cheap enough that I'm OK if somebody wants a whiskey & coke. So I'd say that it's great to have around, but not something I'd feel any particular urgency about trying out if you've never had it.

It doesn't help that I live in a state with minimum shelf prices for liquor, which hurts the value proposition a lot. It's $20 for a 750ml bottle minimum. IIRC, when I lived elsewhere, it was closer to $12.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I can't remember which iteration of Evan Williams I had at a friend's home on a few occasions some years ago...but it never resonated with me. I'd still try the BiB just in case it's different than what I had...as the price was relatively low even here with the state run ABC stores.

Or, I guess I could just scour the shelves for stuff I already know I like when the time comes. We shall see.

I REALLY like Early Times BIB, but have been told the label has been sold. What that means, I dont know. I have one bottle left. Only store that reliably has it is about 45 minutes away. I might have to make a trip

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    I REALLY like Early Times BIB, but have been told the label has been sold. What that means, I dont know. I have one bottle left. Only store that reliably has it is about 45 minutes away. I might have to make a trip
    Buy two. Send me one. Keep the other. I'll pay for both and cover the shipping.

How's that for motivation?

What are friends for?

User Tag List