Page 221 of 241 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 2407

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Site Supporter
    Any of you bourbon aficionados interested in trying to buy a barrel from Sazerac?

My BIL and I and several others have been trying to buy a barrel for several years. No luck so far. Last year, the lowest lottery number we drew as a group was in the 700's. They only sold ~120 or so barrels, IIRC.

I figure, the more the merrier..... If one of us gets lucky, we can offer up to the others as much or as little as we want.... The key being that I should be able to get a commitment from my BIL and his friends to purchase whatever remains.... That would make it a low risk venture... If you managed to pick up a $10,000 barrel of Weller Antique and only wanted to keep a case, you wouldn't be stuck with the rest.

Thoughts?

1792 Full Proof, Blanton's (my BIL's buddy would buy a whole barrel if he could get one), Eagle Rare and Weller Antique or Full Proof would be easy to get a commitment on. Would have to check on the others... You can see the list here... or go to the home page for the details on the lottery.

Lottery is this Wednesday at noon Eastern time.

https://www.singlebarrelselect.com/spirits/
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    So I'm going to buy some Kuiper Belt Bourbon (Heaven Hill creation) this weekend for our yearly friendsgiving, it seems pricey and yes I'm supporting my local entrepreneur and rapper E-40 (though I do not agree with all his views). None of my friends going to the party have tried it so wish us luck

Would you like a new friend? [emoji16]

That looks interesting. To bad my state sucks

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Any of you bourbon aficionados interested in trying to buy a barrel from Sazerac?

My BIL and I and several others have been trying to buy a barrel for several years. No luck so far. Last year, the lowest lottery number we drew as a group was in the 700's. They only sold ~120 or so barrels, IIRC.

I figure, the more the merrier..... If one of us gets lucky, we can offer up to the others as much or as little as we want.... The key being that I should be able to get a commitment from my BIL and his friends to purchase whatever remains.... That would make it a low risk venture... If you managed to pick up a $10,000 barrel of Weller Antique and only wanted to keep a case, you wouldn't be stuck with the rest.

Thoughts?

1792 Full Proof, Blanton's (my BIL's buddy would buy a whole barrel if he could get one), Eagle Rare and Weller Antique or Full Proof would be easy to get a commitment on. Would have to check on the others... You can see the list here... or go to the home page for the details on the lottery.

Sounds fun - just signed up. So we just log in on Wednesday morning and see what happens at noon ET? Nothing more to do before then?

Thoughts?

Interesting.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    Sounds fun - just signed up. So we just log in on Wednesday morning and see what happens at noon ET? Nothing more to do before then?
    Correct.

If you are lucky enough to get assigned a low number (less than #300.... Likely less than 200 available... varies each year), post up here ASAP.

If you buy a barrel and want some help "digesting" it... I'd appreciate the opportunity to help. I've got some friends and relatives with deeper pockets than me. I don't expect much trouble finding a home for the following: 1792 Full Proof (~$8K/barrel), Blanton's (~$13K/barrel), Eagle Rare (~$5400/barrel) and Weller Antique or Weller Full Proof (~$9-10K each).

IMO, Blanton's is at the bottom of that list for me, but, a friend would be more than happy to have the whole barrel.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Super interesting!! Thanks for the tip, I just signed up too. We'll see if anyone here can get some Christmas magic a little early this year.
    Full disclosure: I am a freelance professional photographer/cinematographer for the firearms and defense industry, among others.

Student
    I see Stagg Jr. is also on the roster.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Hmm. I don't see it but I'm not logged in on the tablet yet.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    When I look at this page, I don't see Stagg Jr.. I do see it when I'm logged in.

I'm guessing, but, I think the /spirits/ page is showing what will be available later today.... Just a guess.

I don't recall how far in advance the waiting room opens.... my recollection is that it's about an hour beforehand and that all you need to do is go to the home page and make a few clicks to get in the queue. Last year's instructions included some language about it not mattering when you got in line... that the assignment of positions was random, as long as you got in line before noon EST, you had the same chance at getting a low number as someone who got into the waiting room ahead of you.

Also.... While waiting last year.... I found that I could open multiple browser tabs and got assigned different numbers for each open tab. (All of them terrible... lol).

Instructions: https://www.singlebarrelselect.com/w...ay-Pricing.pdf

Good luck!!

Site Supporter
    I can't get the website to load.

User Tag List