Page 220 of 241 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 2407

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Craig is simply THE bourbon for my wife and I. There are others I like more neat (Woodford and Basil Hayden come to mind), but not commensurate to the price increase, and they’re at a price tag where I’m going to buy Scotch or Armagnac instead every time. At the same time, Craig is also cheap enough to mix with, and is bold and peppery enough to do better in cocktails than other things in the price range.

Doesn’t hurt that we can get it for $26 at Costco.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    So I have been experimenting. I got some tasting glasses and some Varieties.

Libbey Signature Kentucky Bourbon... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHKXNVY...p_mob_ap_share

Attachment 80609

Thus far the winner is:

Attachment 80610

with the Knob being close behind, the very expensive Bulleit being just okay and the Wild Turkey 101 being interesting primarily due to its intense spicy peppery after taste. Not what I always want, but sometimes.

Doing some research:

EC is owned by Heaven Hill, a family owned American company.

Knob Creek is owned by Beam which is itself owned by a Japanese conglomerate.

Bulleit is owned by Diageo, a giant international conglomerate based in England.

Wild Turkey is owned by Campari, an Italian company.

For me, with a drink as American as Bourbon, I will send my future dollars to Elijah Craig/Heaven Hill. Doesn’t hurt that it is extremely tasty.
    I'm a big fan of Heaven Hill and their whiskies.

Evan Williams Bottled In Bond, Rittenhouse Rye, Pikesville Rye, and Elijah Craig Barrel Proof are on my shelves now.

Cheers!

Yeah, to bad HH had to interject politically about the Rittenhouse trial. In my opinion, no comment was necessary, and the whole issue would have been done by the following Monday and forgotten by all. I'll pass on future purchases. As always, to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Yeah, to bad HH had to interject politically about the Rittenhouse trial. In my opinion, no comment was necessary, and the whole issue would have been done by the following Monday and forgotten by all. I'll pass on future purchases. As always, to each their own.
    I was unaware of this development. Can you link it, W? (Or send via PM)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    I haven't heard about this either.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I was unaware of this development. Can you link it, W? (Or send via PM)
    Doesn't seem unreasonable, IMO. Neither from a what was said, literally and from a "protecting the brand" perspective. YMMV, of course.
    Heaven Hill Condemns Use of its Rittenhouse Rye to Celebrate Kyle Rittenhouse Verdict

“We have been disheartened to learn that some individuals and businesses have been using our Rittenhouse Straight Rye Whiskey brand to celebrate the Kyle Rittenhouse case verdict, despite the profound loss of life from those events,” Heaven Hill wrote on Twitter. “There is no link between our Rittenhouse Rye brand, which was started post-prohibition to commemorate Rittenhouse Square, and this case. It is our strongly held belief that in serious matters such as this, where lives were lost and people deeply affected, there is no cause for celebration, but instead deep reflection on how we can make the world a more peaceful and respectful place for all.”
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

No, I don't find that offensive. They have to protect the brand. Keeping a benign stance seems reasonable.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Question Am I the first on here?

So I'm going to buy some Kuiper Belt Bourbon (Heaven Hill creation) this weekend for our yearly friendsgiving, it seems pricey and yes I'm supporting my local entrepreneur and rapper E-40 (though I do not agree with all his views). None of my friends going to the party have tried it so wish us luck

Birthday present to me.

Name:  6A0CD724-8BB0-4714-BC19-044F64DBF950.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  58.8 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Like I said, to each their own. It didn't offend me, just gave me a roll eyes moment. Not everything needs a response. This, IMO didn't.

User Tag List