Page 166 of 241 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 2406

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    So.... If I come across another Blanton's between now and when I head back south, you don't want to trade me a Stagg Jr for it?

Will probably head to Richmond tomorrow for a few days of visiting. Maybe take the blue roads and make a few stops. Recommendations welcome.
    Hmmm...no, I’ve got two Stagg already. I will tell you that Virginia ABC gets Blantons on a regular. I got three of my bottles from there.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Hmmm...no, I’ve got two Stagg already. I will tell you that Virginia ABC gets Blantons on a regular. I got three of my bottles from there.
    I edited my post to clarify but you already quoted it.... I'd trade my Blanton's (if I had some) for Stagg Jr.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I edited my post to clarify but you already quoted it.... I'd trade my Blanton's (if I had some) for Stagg Jr.
    If you come across any Blantons I will gladly trade a Stagg for a Blantons and pay you the difference.

If you come across any Blantons I will gladly trade a Stagg for a Blantons and pay you the difference.

"You got the Stagg?"

"You got the Blanton's?"

"Shhh...not so loud. You never know who's around. Don't reach for your wallet."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Scored a Willett today.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter

I’ve got all the Blantons letters now...I need another hobby...
    Mine are mounted on a barrel stave.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Mine are mounted on a barrel stave.
    I’ve got about 6 more fifths to drink...then I will get that.

Sigh.

As I recently noted on another forum, American Freedom Distillery headquartered in St. Petersburg, FL was founded by folks from 5th SFG(A), made famous by ODA 595’s saga in Afghanistan following 9/11, as depicted in the movie “12 Strong”. Their Horse Soldier Premium Bourbon is not a true Kentucky Bourbon, as it is made in Ohio in partnership with Middle West Spirits. Perhaps a bit overpriced, nonetheless, it compares nicely with many of its Kentucky cousins, offering a relatively smooth and flavorful experience, both neat or in a cocktail, with a bit more complexity and power than things like Woodford or Willett, but not quite as elegant as Four Roses or others of that ilk. Definitely worth trying and purchasing a again.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

@DocGKR I think you had better append the moniker "connoisseur and bon vivant" above your avatar.

Thanks for the review.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Normally the only non-Kentucky bourbon I drink is Fiddler made here in Georgia. But based on the back story I would make an exception for Horse Soldier.

Thanks @DocGKR

User Tag List