Page 75 of 241 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Trash the light beer for some rum/tequila and were in business!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    About the only Tequila I can stand is Casamigos Anejo. Aged for 14 months in bourbon barrels. I'll occasionally sip a Cazadores Reposado on ice with a squeeze of lime at a friends house that keep that stuff around.

Rum, however, can be excellent. Maybe you should start a thread?

It's 5-O'Clock somewhere...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    Nice.

If you’ve never tried Lagavulin 16, please do. Very pleasantly intense blend of peat, smoke and brine flavors/aromas.
    Even though this isn't the thread for it, Lagavulin 16 is the best whisk(e)y I've ever had.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    I think that Elijah Craig is very underrated for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It was my go to bargain whiskey for years when it was sold as a 12 year old. It was easily as good as most $40 whiskies and was $22. It had a great deep, oaky flavor. When it became popular they had the choice between raising the price or ruining it. They chose to ruin it. This new Elijah with no age statement doesn't even look like the old stuff, much less taste like it. The barrel proof used to be about $45 and was around 146 proof. It was only released in a couple small releases a year and was hard to find. Now it's $75, available all the time, and runs about 126 proof so they've managed to lower the quality and raise the price. It's still damn good, but not what it was IMO.

For cheaper whiskey I've replaced Elijah Craig with Jim Beam Double Oak. It's pretty good for a $25 bottle.

NH Liquor has had Maker's Mark for 22.99 lately.

I opened a Woodford last evening. I love the smokey finish of the Woodford.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

I finally finished off my bottle of EH Taylor Small Batch that I was gifted...almost 2 years ago.

Funny I enjoyed a lot more by the end of the bottle than I did at the beginning. Seems like you'd need to drink it a lot faster for that to happen.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    Picked up a bottle of 1792 Single Barrel to knock another one off the "To try" list. Pretty tasty when I sampled it, not a bad price point either ($29.99/bottle). Looking forward to getting into that bottle a little more.

Also tried some Bib & Tucker and Two Stars. The Bib & Tucker was what I expected at the price point, the Two Stars wasn't. For $18/bottle, the Two Stars was surprisingly decent. Wouldn't have been my first choice but way better than some more gimmicky whiskeys I've spent more on (*cough* Leadslingers *cough*). The Two Stars would be decent for a mixer, don't know if I'd enjoy it neat compared to others but the sample I had was okay. Doing some research, it looks like it's distilled by the Sazerac Company as a "house brand" and looks like it's bottled for Total Wine.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I finally finished off my bottle of EH Taylor Small Batch that I was gifted...almost 2 years ago.

Funny I enjoyed a lot more by the end of the bottle than I did at the beginning. Seems like you'd need to drink it a lot faster for that to happen.
    I have noticed many times that a bottle of whiskey will get better after it's been opened and a is down a pour or two and then sits for a while.

I'm actually hoping it will help a couple of bottles that I've opened recently and didn't especially care for the first pour.

Tried this one last night, on the recommendation of a fellow whiskey consumer at the local liquor store. Kinda up in price range, ~$60. Very good though, super smooth. Only bad thing I found was it's made in Cal., in napa.

Name:  IMG_2910.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  83.3 KB
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Phart View Post
    Even though this isn't the thread for it, Lagavulin 16 is the best whisk(e)y I've ever had.
    Can't have it without a good Cigar way to smoky

Quote Originally Posted by Simong View Post
    Can't have it without a good Cigar way to smoky
    Blashemy, no such thing

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

User Tag List