Page 169 of 241 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 2407

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

This is like a humble brag virtue signaling site for bourbon...

...and I'm starting to hate a few of you. I'm not naming any names, but if you hear a voice in your ears like some retired fucker slurring into his tumbler...well, you've been warned.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    This is like a humble brag virtue signaling site for bourbon...

...and I'm starting to hate a few of you. I'm not naming any names, but if you hear a voice in your ears like some retired fucker slurring into his tumbler...well, you've been warned.

I had been debating a loop through Bardstown on the way home, which would have routed in your general direction. Only plus 3 hours on travel time. Given the sportiness going on in KY currently, and COVID, I'll take my chances with the fast route via ATL and MS. I can ship you something if you'd like. Would be an in-state shipment... Can definitely get JTS and can check on McKenna. The local place said "oh, we try to keep it in stock"... Although they only let me buy one per visit. Happy to "visit" for you.. Looks like I'm heading west on Saturday.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I had been debating a loop through Bardstown on the way home, which would have routed in your general direction. Only plus 3 hours on travel time. Given the sportiness going on in KY currently, and COVID, I'll take my chances with the fast route via ATL and MS. I can ship you something if you'd like. Would be an in-state shipment... Can definitely get JTS and can check on McKenna. The local place said "oh, we try to keep it in stock"... Although they only let me buy one per visit. Happy to "visit" for you.. Looks like I'm heading west on Saturday.
    I'm actually good, B, and I greatly appreciate the offer. My man @CWM11B has me hooked up for some JTS Brown and who knows if my neighbor will score some.

McKenna has, at least until recently, been somewhat available locally. So, bourbon-wise I'm pretty much good to go. I have simple needs.

Thanks, though. You're a pal.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    McKenna has, at least until recently, been somewhat available locally. So, bourbon-wise I'm pretty much good to go. I have simple needs.
    I thoroughly enjoyed the McKenna I recently polished off. TraderJoes however does not carry it and that is where I buy my booze (I can hide it in the grocery costs), so I have been sticking with Buffalo Trace since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed the McKenna I recently polished off. TraderJoes however does not carry it and that is where I buy my booze (I can hide it in the grocery costs), so I have been sticking with Buffalo Trace since then.
    For some reason I've lost my taste for Buffalo Trace. Liked it the first few times...now, not so much. The missus still likes it though but we have others we both like.

Wink

For some reason I've lost my taste for Buffalo Trace. Liked it the first few times...now, not so much. The missus still likes it though but we have others we both like.
    Hope it isn't COVID. Seriously though, I noticed that with a couple of different bourbons. Believe it is a batch thing.

A big thanks to my friend @CWM11B who gifted me a bottle of J.T.S. Brown via the big brown truck today.

Here it is after opening and pouring one neat for myself and on a rock for the missus.

Name:  jtsbrown.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  40.6 KB

I have to say it's pretty darn good. Has that Heaven Hill bloodline, similar sweet smell and flavor profile with a bit more bite than the Henry McKenna...going from memory, as I'm not tasting them side by side.

Tastes like a bourbon should. Not sweet and cloying...with a bit of warmth.

Christmas in September.

Thanks, brother, it was very kind of you. Cheers!

It was the choice of "Fast Eddie" in "The Hustler"...

Last edited by blues; 09-25-2020 at 05:48 PM.

I picked up a Wild Turkey "Longbranch" today.
    Gonna give it a go in a little while.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    A big thanks to my friend @CWM11B who gifted me a bottle of J.T.S. Brown via the big brown truck today

<stuff removed>

I have to say it's pretty darn good. Has that Heaven Hill bloodline, similar sweet smell and flavor profile with a bit more bite than the Henry McKenna...going from memory, as I'm not tasting them side by side.

Nice! Glad you got your lips on some. I'm bringing one home for bourbon buddy...

Try it with a cube and see if you like it any differently. I thought the alcohol bite was a bit much neat.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I can't get the JTS Brown around here but my favorite inexpensive bourbon is Evan Williams white label BIB. It is also a Heaven Hill product.

Can any of you tell me how the JTSB compares to the EW BIB?

User Tag List