Page 213 of 241 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2410

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Site Supporter
    Went to the store to restock Russel’s and struck out. This was my consolation prize.

Name:  B5810C57-C862-40E7-89C2-C357CB2E2954.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  47.9 KB

My neighbor came over this afternoon sans beer.

So, we drank J.T.S. Brown and made an unacceptable situation much brighter.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    My neighbor came over this afternoon sans beer.

So, we drank J.T.S. Brown and made an unacceptable situation much brighter.
    That’s good bourbon! Even better shared.

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    Went to the store to restock Russel’s and struck out. This was my consolation prize.

Name:  B5810C57-C862-40E7-89C2-C357CB2E2954.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  47.9 KB
    I passed up a bottle of Henry Mac Bottled in Bond for $54 yesterday. Should I regret my decision? I think if it was $48 I would have gone for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 4gallonbucket View Post
    I passed up a bottle of Henry Mac Bottled in Bond for $54 yesterday. Should I regret my decision? I think if it was $48 I would have gone for it.

I really like HMcK and I wouldn't pay that for it. Of course I only paid around $30 for my last bottles.

Site Supporter

Last time I found some, about a year ago in a NC state store, it was ~$39-$40/bottle plus tax.
    Was about the same price last time I saw any here in TX, but, that was even longer ago.
    Would I pay $54 for it? Probably not. I'd rather have 2 x liter bottles of Early Times BiB for less coin.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter

No idea what a normal/good price is, but I'm pretty sure I paid mid-$40s for this at a Total Wine here in Houston.

McKenna 10 yr BIB is about 56 bucks out the door here in NC. It was 32ish a couple of years ago. I like it a lot, but when Im through my next bottle I'll move on. Its not worth that much. I really hate JTS Brown is no more. It would be damn good bourbon at mid 30 bucks. Itvwas exceptional bourbon at 13.95. I still kick myself for not buying a case or two when I had the chance. More and more I'm of the opinion that the bourbon world has over hyped itself and is rushing to many labels to the shelves at inflated prices.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    McKenna 10 yr BIB is about 56 bucks out the door here in NC. It was 32ish a couple of years ago. I like it a lot, but when Im through my next bottle I'll move on. Its not worth that much. I really hate JTS Brown is no more. It would be damn good bourbon at mid 30 bucks. Itvwas exceptional bourbon at 13.95. I still kick myself for not buying a case or two when I had the chance. More and more I'm of the opinion that the bourbon world has over hyped itself and is rushing to many labels to the shelves at inflated prices.
    And thank you, @CWM11B for introducing me to the JTS Brown.

I still have some Elijah Craig, a bit of McKenna and some Basil Hayden's in the cabinet.

But I forget which of the Evan Williams is the one to try next...the white, black or green label? I remember the price was right last time I happened to be in the ABC store, which is a while ago, I admit.

Was it the BIB Evan Williams...because I remember years ago not caring at all for what I think was the "regular" Evan Williams. But that was some years back.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    And thank you, @CWM11B for introducing me to the JTS Brown.

I still have some Elijah Craig, a bit of McKenna and some Basil Hayden's in the cabinet.

But I forget which of the Evan Williams is the one to try next...the white, black or green label? I remember the price was right last time I happened to be in the ABC store, which is a while ago, I admit.

Was it the BIB Evan Williams...because I remember years ago not caring at all for what I think was the "regular" Evan Williams. But that was some years back.
    EW BIB is supposed to be another great bargain bourbon, but confess I have never tried it. Elijah Craig is pretty good and not hard to find.

User Tag List