Page 143 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144 LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1433

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

  1. #1421
    Site Supporter RoyGBiv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I am in awe of the high level bourbonitude in this thread. I've got to catch up some. I think I'll pour a McKenna while I reconnoiter the situation.
    Bourbon Buddy had a McKenna bottled in bond we kicked open last weekend. Had.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776
    #TWTWB

  2. #1422
    unhyphenated american blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    blue ridge mtns
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Bourbon Buddy had a McKenna bottled in bond we kicked open last weekend. Had.
    Shit evaporates like crazy. Gonna have to send a letter to Heaven Hill and ask who's in charge up there...
    “Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.” - Sun Tzu | "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

  3. #1423
    Site Supporter RoyGBiv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Shit evaporates like crazy. Gonna have to send a letter to Heaven Hill and ask who's in charge up there...
    Ask for Bernie Lubbers.

    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776
    #TWTWB

  4. #1424
    Sipped on Rabbit Hole and Angels Envy Ryes last night. Both were nice but the wife voted for the Rabbit Hole.
    Last edited by Bratch; 09-15-2019 at 01:48 PM.

  5. #1425
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    The Kentucky Brown Water Gods saw fit to smile upon a displaced Midwestern boy today.



    I was stocking up the reserves and was taking stock of the bourbon selection at ABC today. The gentleman that helped me with some wine selections for the wife (they stopped carrying her preferred brand of merlot) came over and asked if I was looking for anything. “Just looking through for some bourbon.”

    “Well, if you’re interested, I’ve got a bottle of Weller in the back.”

    “I’ll take it.”

    The also had something that looked like a bonafide bad idea in a bottle . . . that one didn’t come hone with me.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How bad was the price on the Weller?

    Local place had antique recently which I haven't seen in a long time... of course at $130 I'm not surprised it was still on the shelf.

    Anyone tried this one?

  6. #1426
    unhyphenated american blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    blue ridge mtns
    Bourbonic Plague...don't let it afflict you...














    (Not my image nor my bottles.)
    “Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.” - Sun Tzu | "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

  7. #1427
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Broward Co. FL

    Sippin' Bourbon

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    When you get home crack the SR open even if you don't want to drink it now. Air makes that stuff even better

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Will do. Before I move on from my current location/position, I’m going to share this bottle with some good friends before we all move on from our time in South FL. Probably some proper cigars involved as well. Then again, I’m kinda weird when it comes to booze. I’ve got a bottle of Buffalo Trace that was an Easter gift in 2014 from mom (Y’know how I know I’m Irish?) that only gets opened for special occasions. So far it’s been opened for two new jobs and the birth of my daughter. Nothing special but I’ve gotta start family traditions somewhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Bourbonic Plague...don't let it afflict you...














    (Not my image nor my bottles.)
    Looks like the top of the cabinet above my refrigerator. I keep one bottle from every new bourbon I try. Eventually I’ll do something with them or give them to my uncle to do something with. He does custom glass stuff and has actually done cheese trays out of wine bottles. I might have him do something with my old “fallen soldiers”.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe45 View Post
    How bad was the price on the Weller?

    Local place had antique recently which I haven't seen in a long time... of course at $130 I'm not surprised it was still on the shelf.
    I’ll dig up the receipt if no one believes me, but I paid retail-ish. $22.97

    For that price, I’d have bought every bottle they had left if it wasn’t the last one (or so he said). Good move on his part because I’ll probably go there weekly now just to buy a bottle of bourbon and see if there’s anything “interesting” in the back.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ragnar_d; 09-15-2019 at 06:46 PM.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I work in the firearms industry as a designer and engineer. The thoughts and opinions expressed here are only mine and not that of my employer (past or present).

  8. #1428
    Site Supporter Larry Sellers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Connecticut
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    Will do. Before I move on from my current location/position, I’m going to share this bottle with some good friends before we all move on from our time in South FL. Probably some proper cigars involved as well. Then again, I’m kinda weird when it comes to booze. I’ve got a bottle of Buffalo Trace that was an Easter gift in 2014 from mom (Y’know how I know I’m Irish?) that only gets opened for special occasions. So far it’s been opened for two new jobs and the birth of my daughter. Nothing special but I’ve gotta start family traditions somewhere.


    Looks like the top of the cabinet above my refrigerator. I keep one bottle from every new bourbon I try. Eventually I’ll do something with them or give them to my uncle to do something with. He does custom glass stuff and has actually done cheese trays out of wine bottles. I might have him do something with my old “fallen soldiers”.


    I’ll dig up the receipt if no one believes me, but I paid retail-ish. $22.97

    For that price, I’d have bought every bottle they had left if it wasn’t the last one (or so he said). Good move on his part because I’ll probably go there weekly now just to buy a bottle of bourbon and see if there’s anything “interesting” in the back.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never open bourbon with people you don't like.

    That sounds like a good night you've got planned!

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

  9. #1429
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Broward Co. FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    Never open bourbon with people you don't like.

    That sounds like a good night you've got planned!

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Yup. My front door, liquor cabinet, and humidor are always open to my good compadres. Shitbirds don’t make it past the bouncer.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I work in the firearms industry as a designer and engineer. The thoughts and opinions expressed here are only mine and not that of my employer (past or present).

  10. #1430
    Supporting Business
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    USA
    Had to find a new daily pour after running out of my old standby. I've noticed Buffalo Trace on the shelf many times but never tried it until recently. Really enjoying this stuff and brought a case home with me today to serve as my new go to. Pretty good stuff for the price.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •