Page 223 of 241 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 2407

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Like I said, to each their own. It didn't offend me, just gave me a roll eyes moment. Not everything needs a response. This, IMO didn't.
    I've seen anecdotal accounts (nothing official, just on FB) where there were runs on Rittenhouse Rye after the trial. It was turning into a thing, and no brand wants a piece of that either way. Otherwise you end up like Fred Perry where lot of people won't touch your brand anymore and you have to do drastic damage control.

Better to just say "we're here to sell whiskey and nothing else, please and thank you."

Site Supporter
    Struck out on the barrel, but found a glass of Weller Full Proof.

Name:  EA85544E-C519-4105-802D-D21B3FB5B6D6.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  35.9 KB

Student

Aspirations

Cameron is a percussionist in the Columbus Symphony Orchestra, but he also happens to be one of the whiskeytubers I follow.

Site Supporter
    Opened a bottle of Larceny Barrel Proof (B521) last night.
    A bottle I had earlier in the year was quite good, but, not quite "Great". This one definitely exceeds the "Great" bar. A little less sweet, more balanced... Review LINK.
    I definitely like the "Wheaties".

You know you're a Bourbon snob when you can identify a preference between two different barrels (or batches) of "the same" Bourbon.

At 121 proof, I was expecting it to need a bit of water/ice to mellow the alcohol. Tasting it on the pour, it had a solid alcohol bite but instead of adding water I decided to let it sit a while and let some of the alcohol evaporate. I was cooking on the grill and the glass sat on the counter for about 10-15 minutes. The alcohol had mellowed enough that it was good to go without any dilution.

Wife and I were sitting on the back porch relaxing before dinner and I handed her my glass. Wife likes Bourbon as well, but is more of a Weller Special Reserve fan, and not so much a "barrel proof" gal. If I'm sipping something I think she'll find in her wheelhouse, I'll offer up a sip, or a glass if she's interested. Well, I missed the mark on this one.... . I watched her grimace as the sip burned its way down. I felt awful about it. I found it interesting that what I thought was a safe sip for her..... wasn't... by a good margin. I apologized profusely and she was a good sport about it.

Caveat potator!

Many, many thanks to @Yung for his much appreciated assistance with sourcing.

Name:  60f1701148fcffa79cc40fc2_Larceny-Barrel-Proof-Batch-B521-01-p-800.jpeg
Views: 398
Size:  31.7 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Name:  0A1E0B15-690D-4759-B3F6-0CC4BF45CBED.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  29.3 KB
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Found this at the local liquor store. I'm more of a rye fan but BiB and unfiltered....it was quite good. Tried it next to Buffalo Trace, which tasted sweeter and more one dimensional. For $18 I'm going to go and pick up a bunch more

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Student
    There are a few reasons why I would generally not recommend Kentucky Owl, but the fact that it is owned by Russian-born Yuri Shefler of SPI Group, which also owns Stolichnaya (distilled in Latvia), is not one of them.

https://www.wfla.com/news/international/stand-with-ukraine-stoli-vodka-denounces-russian-invasion-of-ukraine/
    The company posted a statement on its homepage along with the outline of a dove in blue and yellow – the colors of the Ukrainian flag. The statement, which includes the hashtags “Liberate Ukraine” and “Stand with Ukraine,” says the group has had a “long history of fighting oppressions from the Russian regime.”

According to the statement, the Stoli brand and its owner, Yuri Shefler, were exiled from Russia about 20 years ago.

“As the Founder of SPI Group of companies, I have personally experienced persecution by the Russian authorities and I share the pain of Ukraine and its people,” Shefler said.

Stoli also made clear that their vodka is not manufactured in Russia. According to its website, the vodka is manufactured and bottled in Latvia. The company’s CEO said it doesn’t have any operations in Russia but does in Ukraine.
    ---

Ezra Brooks distillers collection. Very tasty.
    Name:  IMG_9196.jpeg
Views: 216
Size:  50.8 KB
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Ezra Brooks distillers collection. Very tasty.
    Name:  IMG_9196.jpeg
Views: 216
Size:  50.8 KB
    That's a good one... Better than the Ezra barrel proof, IMO.
    Rebel also has a BP and distillers version as well... Both good.
    If you find the Ezra 99 on the shelf, that's also worth a try, at a much lower price point.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    My roomie likes the Woodford Reserve Double-Oaked bourbon. She said it's very smooth. The Widow Jane 10-Year Old bourbon, not so much. It has a little bit of a bite.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List