Page 206 of 241 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2407

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Speaking of Turkey, that Russell's Reserve 13 Year is supposedly on the shelves now somewhere in America. I'm hunting it.
    Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift.
    Name:  20210727_231443.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  50.7 KB

@Yung - you posted about searching for a bottle of Leopold's three chamber...did you find one? I'm not a big drinker but i was curious about this one based on the history.

I have to limit my drinking for the past decade or so due to pancreatitis… but straight Whiskey was my drink of choice..
    Jack Daniels …in a juice glass ..

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by alohadoug View Post
    @Yung - you posted about searching for a bottle of Leopold's three chamber...did you find one? I'm not a big drinker but i was curious about this one based on the history.
    I sure did!
    Name:  20210728_162631.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  39.4 KB
    Off the first couple pours since cracking it open, it smells and tastes a bit of that young and crafty funk which I know a lot of others say is more like pastry dough. However, it's got some peach or apricot to it which I've never tasted in a rye before, and has none of the mint, dill, or grassy flavors common in rye whiskey that turns a lot of bourbon drinkers off.

Despite being 100 proof, it hasn't been diluted much if at all if I understand correctly, as the three chamber still process enables. It smells and tastes stronger than anything I've had at the same proof point.

I'll see if it changes after I let the bottle sit for a month once I get it past the shoulder.

Worth the price tag? Of course not. But if you want, I'm more than happy to get a sample to you to decide for yourself. PM me if you do.

Had some Weller CYPB the other night, delicious. $60/1.5oz

Early Times BIB tonight for me. If you can find it, an excellent bargain sipper IMHO. I'm going to buy some more, because the label has been sold. New owners say they aren't going to change the mash bill. Yeah, right. Checks in the mail too.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Early Times BIB tonight for me. If you can find it, an excellent bargain sipper IMHO. I'm going to buy some more, because the label has been sold. New owners say they aren't going to change the mash bill. Yeah, right. Checks in the mail too.
    You reminded me that there was something I needed to do tonight...but I think I'll do so with some J.T.S. Brown, which was a gift from a friend you may have passing acquaintance with.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You reminded me that there was something I needed to do tonight...but I think I'll do so with some J.T.S. Brown, which was a gift from a friend you may have passing acquaintance with.
    Mission accomplished.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Student
    Delight. 12-year cask strength is probably your best bet for Knob Creek older than 9-10 years that isn't proofed down to 100. That makes finding the last of the older single barrel selects all the sweeter. Unfortunately they're more elusive than Blanton's store picks, at least around here.

Name:  20210813_210738.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  48.6 KB

Tagalong batch is the first Booker's I've had that isn't miserable like the last couple years of releases have been, although it's no Kentucky Chew.

Upcoming release for Little Book looks suspect. The youngest bourbon in it is 2 years old, with 3-year old rye, another bourbon that is 5 years, and then there is 15-year-old but we don't know how much of that is in the blend.

https://www.breakingbourbon.com/bour...-press-release

Of course, the palate of the blender would ideally determine the proportions and age statement is only one factor in judging quality and value, but when this is a $125-$150 bottle and we were able to get Sam Houston 15 and Calumet 15 earlier this year at the same price point, I don't see the draw.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    If your local has Ezra Brooks 99, definitely worth a try.

ET BiB is currently unobtanium around here. The Ezra 99 has filled in nicely.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List