Page 159 of 241 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2406

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Got another bottle of Blantons yesterday...and this baby today. Batch 14.

Name:  B881B9F8-A460-43EF-91C5-6986E42D4696.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  53.9 KB

Where'd you find the Blanton's? Been vaporware up this way for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Scored some Weller, which has been hard to find locally. Not my favorite, but I do enjoy it.
    107?

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Where'd you find the Blanton's? Been vaporware up this way for a while
    A friend of mine from Henderson picked it for me in VA. It should be hitting here soon...it’s time. Try the stores in/around Archdale...at least that’s where I’m currently seeing it pop up on Facebook. If you’re on Facebook get on a local Bourbon page...

Since i retired July 1 this has been an interesting hobby...I’ve got all the Blanton's letters except “B”. I’ve been from GA to VA looking hard-to-find liquor. ABC stores/clerks in NC are some cantankerous people. I literally paid cash at one store because the guy was being such an ass about me buying a bottle of Blantons. (I got lucky and walked in the store as it was coming in the door...I’m sure they were going to hold it for a buddy, etc.). I’ve even caught them lying about what they have. Craziness. VA ABC store employees have, thus far, been very pleasant.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    107?
    Nah, it was just the Special Reserve. A very decent bourbon for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Nah, it was just the Special Reserve. A very decent bourbon for the price.
    I really like the OWA 107 it is one of my favorites, but I doubt I will ever buy the SR again. I haven't yet found any of the 12 year or Full Proof in my area.

NC ABC sucks. Period. I stopped by one of my past honey holes today and scored a bottle of Old Fitzgerald 9 year. Havent been in several months due to the dry spell they've had. Manager greeted me like a long lost friend. Another great store I've had a lot of luck in is Ramseur. Manager there is very friendly. I agree, many of them are holding out for buddies
    Name:  0904201025.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  42.1 KB
    Last edited by CWM11B; 09-04-2020 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    NC ABC sucks. Period. I stopped by one of my past honey holes today and scored a bottle of Old Fitzgerald 9 year. Havent been in several months due to the dry spell they've had. Manager greeted me like a long lost friend. Another great store I've had a lot of luck in is Ramseur. Manager there is very friendly. I agree, many of them are holding out for buddies
    Name:  0904201025.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  42.1 KB
    ^^^thats not even on the shelf here. 🤦🏼*♂️

Old Fitzgerald is nice! So is that Stagg Jr....
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

As posted on another forum, I had never delved into Bourbon before, preferring other beverages. However for the past year, I’ve begun to gain an appreciation for Bourbon, as one of our post-doc’s did his PhD at the University of Louisville and has demonstrated the joys of a nice Bourbon.

Name:  Bourbon.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  22.1 KB

Woodford Reserve
    —works great as a nice simple smooth and mellow sipping bourbon and also mixes well for cocktails, especially mint juleps!

Blanton's Original Single Barrel—the first single barrel bourbon commercially available! Complex flavors, lovely finish, kick in the pants! Hard to go wrong with this one.

Angels Envy—Developed by Lincoln Hendersen, Woodford Reserve’s former master distiller and aged in old Port wine barrels. A bit of fruit flavor comes through, as does oak. Definitely worth trying alone or in a cocktail.

Eagle Rare 10—Dark complex flavors with a bit of oak. Can be sipped and is also great in an Old Fashioned or Manhattan.

Willett Pot Still Small Batch Reserve
    —Gloriously smooth and flavorful; delightful neat or with an ice cube. One of my favorites to sip so far!

Four Roses Small Batch Select—Elegant, complex, flavorful, smooth. It does not get much better than this!
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List