Page 53 of 241 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

I am but a mere plebeian, and it’s not bourbon per say, but I’ve taken a liking to Jameson and Macallan as of late.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    You're not alone. I called around to a few stores about Weller and am pretty much SOL any time soon. Hell, one store was completely depleted of BT and Eagle Rare too. They had nothing from the BT distillery.

I need to get back closer to God's Country so I can take my wife on a weekend trip through bourbon country . . . and maybe just pick up a few bottles. Y'know, souvenirs.
    Having been in Bourbon country, I can tell you, ironically, it's harder to find those bottles here than elsewhere. You can't find Eagle Rare, Blantons, EH Taylor. Or you can from a friend, for a secondary price. Same goes for anything BTAC or Pappy. There are secondary market groups online, but it's often 3-4x MSRP. I've found way more BT distillery stuff in the Northeast than I did in 2 years on the Bourbon trail. What you will be able to do, is find a larger variety of good valued bourbons you can't find elsewhere. Go to a Total Wine and you'll be set.

Had some pappy 12 year last night thanks to a friends birthday, super smooth.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Name:  IMG_20180505_175742.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  44.2 KB
    Cinco de Bourbon
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Name:  IMG_20180505_175742.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  44.2 KB
    Cinco de Bourbon
    Nice choices- my bourbon intake has increased since the Total Wine opened their Alliance location
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

I really do enjoy Bookers over some cracked ice in the summertime.

It also makes a superb julep.

We should make Sazerac's at next year's Tac Con.

I've been enjoying the Weller's Antique 107 this week myself. I like it a lot.
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Nice choices- my bourbon intake has increased since the Total Wine opened their Alliance location
    They have a great selection and prices are a few bucks less than other places. For anything on allocation, I've had better luck at the smaller shops, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post
    I've been enjoying the Weller's Antique 107 this week myself. I like it a lot.
    Bourbon - buddy found a cache of it at a random shop off hwy 69 in Oklahoma.
    It's quite good but I prefer the 12 when I can find it.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I had a Spec's gift card burning a hole in my pocket so I stopped by and scored this. Looking forward to it after all the recommendations here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    They have a great selection and prices are a few bucks less than other places. For anything on allocation, I've had better luck at the smaller shops, however.

Bourbon - buddy found a cache of it at a random shop off hwy 69 in Oklahoma.
    It's quite good but I prefer the 12 when I can find it.
    I'm in Tulsa and had heard a rumor that there was some 12 on the shelf at a store at 71/Mingo. The gal said they sold out of it but they had one bottle of the 107 left in the back so I snagged it. I haven't had the pleasure of trying the 12 yet.
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

User Tag List