Page 86 of 241 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

The Trace has been very hard to find here too. I keep trying other bourbons in hopes of finding something similar that is always in stock and similarly (or lower) priced. No luck yet. Knob Creek this time. A little oakier and a little more expensive.

I hate to admit it but I have never tried Makers. I believe it’s a higher rye bourbon so I doubt I’ll like it. Might have to go somewhere and buy a glass to sample. Buying a bottle at a time for samples is getting expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    The Trace has been very hard to find here too. I keep trying other bourbons in hopes of finding something similar that is always in stock and similarly (or lower) priced. No luck yet. Knob Creek this time. A little oakier and a little more expensive.

I hate to admit it but I have never tried Makers. I believe it’s a higher rye bourbon so I doubt I’ll like it. Might have to go somewhere and buy a glass to sample. Buying a bottle at a time for samples is getting expensive.
    Actually, the mashbill for Makers is high in red winter wheat (16 percent). It's 70 percent corn, and the other 14 percent in barley. The entry proof is only 110, and they use a number 3 or 4 char on the barrels; I can't remember which. So you get a lot of oak early into the barrel, but the softer winter wheat smoothes it out nicely. It really does not have the heat of rye at all. I think you would like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post
    Unreal is right. This one was $44 a bottle.
    It's not so hard to find, you just have to look on the right shelves.

Name:  IMG_20181215_234753.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  98.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post
    Found some Buffalo Trace this week. My store was out of the Weller’s but they had this marked one per customer. So I snagged one. They also had the Goose Island beer aged in bourbon barrels for $12.50 a bottle (of which I did not buy).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Buffalo trace is excellent for the money. I think I just bought a 1L for $29.

The bourbon county is also excellent if you like heavy beers. Be careful... at 15% it is not like drinking a normal beer. Alcohol wise, one of those 16.9 oz bottles is probably more like 4 reg beers. Amazing stuff though.

Also, give makers 46 a try. Not everyone agrees with me, but I prefer it to regular makers.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    It's not so hard to find, you just have to look on the right shelves.

Name:  IMG_20181215_234753.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  98.7 KB
    How's the Watkins?
    I've got some here I'm planning on gifting (to a friend with the same name), but have never tried it.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I picked up one of the little (50 ml) bottles of Knob Creek for $4.99 to try it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    I picked up one of the little (50 ml) bottles of Knob Creek for $4.99 to try it.
    I like the Knob Creek, but I really like the 120 proof version.

Local candy store got a few bottles of Blanton's in. I've never had it before.

How much would you pay for a 750ml bottle? They're asking a small fortune...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    Local candy store got a few bottles of Blanton's in. I've never had it before.

How much would you pay for a 750ml bottle? They're asking a small fortune...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Nothing north of 50$. Local it's 48$ and plenty of it.

Just found this Johnny Drum for 32$ and it's fantastic for mixed drinks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

User Tag List