Page 139 of 241 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 2406

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    I know we have a few D/FW based sippers here, what are some good stores for store picks? I went to a place called Good Goody and grabbed their Maker's PS, Woodford DO, Knob Creek bourbon & rye and Old Forrester Single Barrel store picks.

Any other places to hit? I don't chase unicorns and don't plan on buying things I can get back in FL, so just chains that have solid store picks.

Any place a "must hit"? How about a good rum selection? I'm based in Rockwall right now, for a reference.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Goody is a goody.
    Check out the nearest TotalWine for good selection and prices.
    Unfortunately, not many Unicorns at TotalWine.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I know we have a few D/FW based sippers here, what are some good stores for store picks? I went to a place called Good Goody and grabbed their Maker's PS, Woodford DO, Knob Creek bourbon & rye and Old Forrester Single Barrel store picks.

Any other places to hit? I don't chase unicorns and don't plan on buying things I can get back in FL, so just chains that have solid store picks.

Any place a "must hit"? How about a good rum selection? I'm based in Rockwall right now, for a reference.

Check your PM's.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Goody is a goody.
    Check out the nearest TotalWine for good selection and prices.
    Unfortunately, not many Unicorns at TotalWine.
    I'm good for no unicorns and I realize that I need to buy another suitcase to bring my booze home, lol.

Hopefully I can find some of the Foursquare releases that I can't get in Florida as well as Smith & Cross

The Goody Goody on 423 just south of Eldorado (I think it's technically in Frisco but it's real close to Little Elm) is quite a bit larger than the other ones I've seen and has a pretty great selection. I haven't been to a TotalWine but my wife has and she says their selection is really good.

My friends are into Spec's but I haven't been there either.

I'm good for no unicorns and I realize that I need to buy another suitcase to bring my booze home, lol.

Hopefully I can find some of the Foursquare releases that I can't get in Florida as well as Smith & Cross

I can help you with those.

After drink #2 I honestly can say I enjoy the McKenna 10 year more.
    Ironically McKenna is $40 locally and ETL is like hen's teeth at $80 plus.

Fortunate to have this bottle, glad I paid retail however.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Site Supporter
    Picked up a bottle of EH Taylor at the grand opening of the liquor store at the local Costco today. Manager said they had some hard to finds on the shelf when they opened the doors at 10am. By the time I got there at 1030 they were picked almost clean. Manager said they had a line outside by 8am.

I chatted with him for a while and found we had similar Bourbon favorites. He checked in the back and found the bottle of Taylor.
    Pays to be friendly sometimes.

Also picked up a handle of Buffalo Trace. Haven't seen BT handles in a while.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Also picked up a handle of Buffalo Trace. Haven't seen BT handles in a while.

Yep, I saw handles of BT yesterday when I swung through the liquor store for my wife. I should have grabbed a few but I was in a hurry. $45 each seemed pretty good pricing-wise to me, at least here in Atlanta.
    Full disclosure: I am a freelance professional photographer/cinematographer for the firearms and defense industry, among others.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    After drink #2 I honestly can say I enjoy the McKenna 10 year more.
    Ironically McKenna is $40 locally and ETL is like hen's teeth at $80 plus.

Fortunate to have this bottle, glad I paid retail however.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    The Henry McKenna 10 is some pretty darn good whiskey.

Unfortunately the price keeps going up since it won a couple of awards.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason F View Post
    Yep, I saw handles of BT yesterday when I swung through the liquor store for my wife. I should have grabbed a few but I was in a hurry. $45 each seemed pretty good pricing-wise to me, at least here in Atlanta.
    Paid $39.9x today. They had some Wellers special reserve for less. I've sorta lost interest in the SR. Antique or 12 would be good to find though.

ETA. The Taylor was also $39.xx. Extra nice.
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 08-02-2019 at 04:37 PM.

User Tag List