Page 229 of 241 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 2406

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    I have tasted that.
    For me, it was MEH.
    Tasted like corn... Really like corn.
    I am a fan of corn whiskeys for just that reason.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I am a fan of corn whiskeys for just that reason.
    May you enjoy it immensely sir👍🏼
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Student

the absolute state of ABC states

(Richmond Times-Dispatch) Virginia ABC employee pleads guilty for felony computer trespass in bourbon scandal
    A former sales associate for Virginia ABC has pleaded guilty to felony computer trespass and embezzling the authority’s inventory list of high-demand and limited-availability bourbons that was allegedly sold to online bourbon hunting groups.

In front of Hanover County Circuit Court Judge John Overton Harris on Monday, Edgar Smith Garcia, 28, of Manassas pleaded guilty to computer trespass. He was sentenced to two years in prison, which were suspended for five years on the condition of good behavior, according to Virginia ABC.

Garcia must pay a $600 fine and is banned from all Virginia ABC property. Three other charges for embezzlement, conspiracy to embezzle and conspiracy computer trespass were dropped as part of the plea agreement...

---

Hang him! Hang him high!

Attachment 94324

A wonderful human being, known to many of you as the Liquor Advisor to the Tactical Elite, presented this to me at the Thunderstick Summit this past weekend. I am looking forward to opening it up and giving it a taste this coming weekend.
    Welp, I cracked it open after BJJ Monday night and was rather intrigued. The tequila notes are much stronger than I anticipated, it tastes almost like a tequila with a little corn smoothness underneath. Pretty tasty. I think I'm going to try making a Fools Gold (Corn whiskey, agave syrup, lemon juice and mint) with it and see how it turns out.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC

Welp, I cracked it open after BJJ Monday night and was rather intrigued. The tequila notes are much stronger than I anticipated, it tastes almost like a tequila with a little corn smoothness underneath. Pretty tasty. I think I'm going to try making a Fools Gold (Corn whiskey, agave syrup, lemon juice and mint) with it and see how it turns out.
    I have been experimenting. I'll try and post some recipes.

We are on the same path, I'd doing some mojito variants to see how they work. They are blind tests with friends to see what they think.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I have been experimenting. I'll try and post some recipes.

We are on the same path, I'd doing some mojito variants to see how they work. They are blind tests with friends to see what they think.
    Yup, I think this'll play well with citrus and sweet. I might try making a modified Caipirinha with it as well. I love doing those with mezcal instead of cachaca, I am curious how it'll play with this stuff.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Went into our local Spec's yesterday and they had some Eagle Rare. My poor BiL hasn't seen anything BT/Weller locally so I picked up a bottle of Eagle to go with the Weller green label handle I'm sending him. On the way back from delivering the gifts I figured I'd stop by the same store and see if, maybe, they had another Eagle. No dice...

But.... They were just putting out a case of......

Attachment 92406

Out the door for just over $35 American.

Called Bourbon Buddy and told him to hustle. 10 minutes later when he got there they were gone. He said he saw 6 people shopping around the store with bottles in their hands.
    I haven't seen ANY Weller locally in well over a year. Almost that long for Taylor. Blanton's is unobtanium. Months since ER. NC ABC is broken, incompetent, and corrupt beyond repair

I recently scored a bottle of Weller green label (unfortunately not the 12 year) at my local store. Earlier in the year I scored a bottle of EH Taylors (man that's good stuff) as well but the store manager gets about one box of each per year and keeps them in the back and hands out a bottle to his best customers who he knows appreciate the good stuff. I've never seen a bottle of Stagg Jr in the wild and have not seen Blanton's since before Covid.

Buffalo Trace, Bulleit, Jefferson's Ocean, Knob Creek, Widow Jane, Makers, Elijah Craig, Four Roses, Eagles Rare, Larceny, Woodford, Michters all pretty readily available in Oregon.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Name:  66605E18-D3A4-4932-9B63-FA92D5AC87CF.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  38.3 KB
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

User Tag List