Page 184 of 241 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2406

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Site Supporter
    Typically an Irish whiskey drinker for neat sipping since my preferred bourbons are all over proof and, IMO, need ice. Been enjoying this though. Please excuse the messy desk and office in the background.

Name:  4CEDE195-651B-498E-8F4B-37A0C6E7EB53.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  40.5 KB

Site Supporter
    Tonight I opened the bottle of Stagg Jr I got for Christmas. My God it is wonderful stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Tonight I opened the bottle of Stagg Jr I got for Christmas. My God it is wonderful stuff.
    That's quite the endorsement. What would you liken it to for those of us who have not yet tried it?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    That's quite the endorsement. What would you liken it to for those of us who have not yet tried it?
    Have you tried any EH Taylor? IMO, Stagg Jr is like a more concentrated, slightly more alcohol bite (still smooth), vs EH Taylor Small Batch.

About the only Bourbon I like more than Stagg Jr is Weller 12...

Some insight here. http://bourbonr.com/blog/updated-buf...ry-mash-bills/

When we're finally rid of the Rona, we should have a Pew-Pew-and-Bourbon gathering somewhere. I still have a Stagg Jr I could contribute.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Have you tried any EH Taylor? IMO, Stagg Jr is like a more concentrated, slightly more alcohol bite (still smooth), vs EH Taylor Small Batch.

About the only Bourbon I like more than Stagg Jr is Weller 12...

Some insight here. http://bourbonr.com/blog/updated-buf...ry-mash-bills/

When we're finally rid of the Rona, we should have a Pew-Pew-and-Bourbon gathering somewhere. I still have a Stagg Jr I could contribute.
    I haven't had the EH Taylor Small Batch. Pretty much just the Heaven Hill (Elijah Craig Small Batch, McKenna BIB, JTS Brown) and Basil Hayden's in the past few years.

I don't recall seeing the Stagg Jr during my most recent forays, which are few and far between, truth be told. A bottle lasts a long time in this household by and large.

Site Supporter
    I haven't had the EH Taylor Small Batch. Pretty much just the Heaven Hill (Elijah Craig Small Batch, McKenna BIB, JTS Brown) and Basil Hayden's in the past few years.

I don't recall seeing the Stagg Jr during my most recent forays, which are few and far between, truth be told. A bottle lasts a long time in this household by and large.
    Maybe @KeeFus will come Bourbon hunting in your AO and bring you a dram?

I read a recent story about a father sending blind samples to his two sons and his brother and they did a zoom tasting for Christmas since they decided not to gather this year. I forget all of what they were tasting, Pappys (12?) was in the mix but got beat by something mid-priced, IIRC.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    I'd say go with RoyGBiv's take on it. The Stagg Jr is 128 proof, but maintains a very nice flavor. It's potent but quite enjoyable to drink -- not harsh.

Student
    I've ordered a 12-pack of Boston rounds with polycone caps from a site called GlassBottleOutlet, which seems cheaper than Amazon with a Prime account, albeit slower.
    https://glassbottleoutlet.com/collec...-20-400-v8-v20

@blues

They won't arrive until the end of next week, but when they do, I'd be glad to send you a few samples of the Col. Taylor small batch, Stagg Jr. batch 14, and Elijah Craig Barrel Proof C920.
    If that's something you're comfortable with, PM me a shipping address and I'll let you know when I've dropped them off at the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    I've ordered a 12-pack of Boston rounds with polycone caps from a site called GlassBottleOutlet, which seems cheaper than Amazon with a Prime account, albeit slower.
    https://glassbottleoutlet.com/collec...-20-400-v8-v20

@blues

They won't arrive until the end of next week, but when they do, I'd be glad to send you a few samples of the Col. Taylor small batch, Stagg Jr. batch 14, and Elijah Craig Barrel Proof C920.
    If that's something you're comfortable with, PM me a shipping address and I'll let you know when I've dropped them off at the mail.
    Thanks, brother, I appreciate it but I don't think it's worth the trouble or expense on your part. I have enough bourbon to hold me and when the time comes, I'll search for and find a bottle or two of some that I haven't yet tried. The hunt adds something to the fun.

Your generosity is much appreciated.

Noobie

Hey gents. I'm interested in trying a fine, smooth Bourbon. Not too sweet and say less than $45/750mL. I've had the cheap stuff in the past, but have a little cash to refine my experience. I'd like to try something that will pique my interest, to explore, and not chase me off. I appreciate your recommendations and comments, in advance.

User Tag List