Page 78 of 241 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

I’m a big fan of High West, double rye is one of my go to’s right now. Their Campfire is a neat blend with three unique taste profiles. It’s pricier but a fun drink.

Some folks find it too Oaky, but I'm fan. Found at retail price at a combo gas station/liquor store.

Attachment 32417

Just took my first sip of the High West Double Rye. Pretty damn tasty. Slight sweetness, spicy, and balanced. Very good value. Thanks for the recommendation guys.

Wink My brother in law just gave me this same exact bottle...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackdog View Post
    Really enjoying this bottle of Basil Hayden’s two by two @SeriousStudent gave me.
    Very smooth!

I think Thanksgiving is this week right

Tonight’s splurge. Almost twice the price of the Weller’s 107. Nice and smooth. One that I would buy if I had friends coming over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackdog View Post
    Really enjoying this bottle of Basil Hayden’s two by two @SeriousStudent gave me.
    Very smooth!

How is this? Basil Hayden used to be one of my favorites, but lately I have found it a little light on the tongue. My taste have change and I go for a little heaver mouth feel and heat. (Jeffersons, Tin Cup, Russels) I have favored higher rye bourbons so I am interested in their rye offering.

It's good, I have enjoyed drinking it.

And my usual drink is a cask strength Bourbon, neat in a Glencairn glass.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post
    Tonight’s splurge. Almost twice the price of the Weller’s 107. Nice and smooth. One that I would buy if I had friends coming over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Really enjoy their Rye, but have not been impressed with their Bourbon.... But this one has tempted me.
    Haven't seen it in any of the local watering holes.... Might have to stop by Del Frisco's over the holiday and see if they have it.

Sounds like you got a huge deal on the Wellers.... If you can find the Antique here, it's usually +/- $100 or so for a 750mL
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Really enjoy their Rye, but have not been impressed with their Bourbon.... But this one has tempted me.
    Haven't seen it in any of the local watering holes.... Might have to stop by Del Frisco's over the holiday and see if they have it.

Sounds like you got a huge deal on the Wellers.... If you can find the Antique here, it's usually +/- $100 or so for a 750mL
    I like their Rye too. I like their regular bourbon on occasion but find it to be more than I want to spend for an every day bourbon. I like the regular Weller's for that and it's about $10 less expensive. The barrel strength is pretty nice.

That is insane for the Antique, but you know supply and demand. LOL
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post
    I like their Rye too. I like their regular bourbon on occasion but find it to be more than I want to spend for an every day bourbon. I like the regular Weller's for that and it's about $10 less expensive. The barrel strength is pretty nice.

That is insane for the Antique, but you know supply and demand. LOL
    You should try the Evan Williams Bottled in Bond (White label). Not only is it inexpensive, but it's got a lot of that caramel flavor like Weller and Buffalo Trace. Very different overall than those, but quite good and only $21 (TotalWine price) for 1.75L.

Buying rare bourbon around here is expensive.... The MSRP on the Antique is like $40/750mL...
    LOL.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List