Page 195 of 241 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 2407

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Buffalo Trace, Weller, Bulleit.

While Jack Daniels can technically be considered a bourbon, it is not typically considered such because it lacks the complexity in flavor good bourbons have.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Buffalo Trace if you can find it. Larceny is widely available.
    Two votes for Buffalo Trace, I guess that'll be my next purchase.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Two votes for Buffalo Trace, I guess that'll be my next purchase.

Chris
    Personally I no longer like BT. But it’s a decent place to start. I still recommend Elijah Craig small batch to anyone that asks. And everyone that has tried it liked it.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    Personally I no longer like BT. But it’s a decent place to start. I still recommend Elijah Craig small batch to anyone that asks. And everyone that has tried it liked it.
    I'm with @MGW. I no longer have a taste for Buffalo Trace, though my wife seems to still like it.

Elijah Craig and other Heaven Hill bourbons are more to my taste, including McKenna and J.T.S. Brown among others.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    Same for me. The EC is also a good entry point.

I was surprised by how good the JTS Brown bottled in bond was. I didn't care for the lower proof version though.

Haveyou tried the Larceny. ? I hear there's a barrel proof version out but have not been able to find it.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Funny, but lost my taste for BT and Makers Mark.
    I'm liking the Longbranch for a quick go-to, as well as Eagle Rare.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Bourbon Buddy stopped by with an Old Friend last night.
    The two young guys are pretty good too, with a preference for the Redemption.
    I believe that the Nine Banded is from the same Indiana distiller as the Redemption, but finished by a bunch of hipsters in Austin.

Name:  Wheaties.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  102.2 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    I'm a little surprised at the number of members saying they no longer care for Buffalo Trace, as I still find it to be a consistently good bourbon. But then, I like pretty much everything that comes from that distillery and to each his own of course.

Student
    Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare are pretty good store picks. Against their regular standard shelf versions though, I'd probably go for Benchmark Bonded or Full Proof which are also in the $20 range. They are also Buffalo Trace distillery products iirc.

I know a couple folks on here have said they don't like OGD earlier in this thread before I mentioned it, so I would say John J Bowman (single barrel) and Bowman Brothers (small batch) are also similar to their EH Taylor counterparts. They are out of Virginia and supposedly use a Buffalo Trace mashbill or distillate. I've been able to find either bottle for $50. There's also somewhat of an online meme that people aren't supposed to talk about JJB.

The Hustler

Fats: "Preach! Go down and get me some White Tavern whisky, a glass, and some ice."
    Eddie: "Preacher! Go on down and get me some bourbon. J. T. S. Brown. No ice, no glass."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I'm a little surprised at the number of members saying they no longer care for Buffalo Trace, as I still find it to be a consistently good bourbon. But then, I like pretty much everything that comes from that distillery and to each his own of course.
    What happened to me was both were like unobtanium up here, so I went to the Longbranch.
    I have an unopened bottle of BT, I'll just wait on it awhile
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

User Tag List