Thread: Is this slide fixable? (Beretta 92G Compact)

Is this slide fixable? (Beretta 92G Compact)

I just noticed this on my Beretta. A small piece of metal on the rear of the slide where the hammer hits has apparently broken off.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.

Is this slide fixable? (Beretta 92G Compact)

Perfectly Normal!

All M9/92 pistols have that relief cut by the firing pin channel. Again, nothin is wrong with your pistol as this is part of the design.

But if you don't trust me, I'll dispose of it for you.

Thanks! This is my first Beretta pistol and it didn't look like it was supposed to be there.

I charge a disposal fee for highly sought out guns.

Quote Originally Posted by johnson View Post
    I just noticed this on my Beretta. A small piece of metal on the rear of the slide where the hammer hits has apparently broken off.

So my 92 looks the same as yours from the back. I noticed it when it stopped running altogether. When I removed the slide I saw that the crack went forward along the squared off firing pin housing for it's entire length. ~ 2"+ as I recall. The slide is completely failing in a huge way. No +Ps or hand loads. NIB old gun I got along with some Smiths, Sigs, Colts, and other high end guns from a collector. He had never fired any of them. This happened within the first box of commercial target rounds. (maybe two) Your picture is the first mention of this issue that I've seen and I've looked around the web a bit. I only hope Beretta will sell me a slide. If anyone knows how to get them to return an email, that would be great. k

Quote Originally Posted by KDiddy View Post
    So my 92 looks the same as yours from the back. I noticed it when it stopped running altogether. When I removed the slide I saw that the crack went forward along the squared off firing pin housing for it's entire length. ~ 2"+ as I recall. The slide is completely failing in a huge way. No +Ps or hand loads. NIB old gun I got along with some Smiths, Sigs, Colts, and other high end guns from a collector. He had never fired any of them. This happened within the first box of commercial target rounds. (maybe two) Your picture is the first mention of this issue that I've seen and I've looked around the web a bit. I only hope Beretta will sell me a slide. If anyone knows how to get them to return an email, that would be great. k
    Would you mind posting pictures of the slide with the crack?

In regards to your email, this is straight off their website...

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 4.36.34 PM.png
Views: 713
Size:  59.2 KB
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Would you mind posting pictures of the slide with the crack?

In regards to your email, this is straight off their website...

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 4.36.34 PM.png
Views: 713
Size:  59.2 KB
    I'll pull it out when I get home in the morning and try to take some good pix. k

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    The phots attached show the back end of every M9 / 92 I have or have seen.

Name:  A54460AC-5068-41A5-B29A-8D7CAB7B8085.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  19.7 KB

Name:  858C82ED-B6FC-4A9E-8FAB-3AE68468B376.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  24.2 KB

It is normal.

User Tag List